Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 AM

944 posts, read 3,847,592 times

Advertisements

I don't see any problem with a professional denying services to a client who has questioned their integrity.

Next...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
I don't see any problem with a professional denying services to a client who has questioned their integrity.

Next...
She said that she didn't question him in person. Maybe the practice is full up with patients and can't take in new ones Have heard of some practices having that problem.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 PM

944 posts, read 3,847,592 times
I don't think we're getting the full story.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:46 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,699,154 times
This is the full story. There is nothing for me to hide, especially if I am asking people a question to find out if they have ever heard of this. Had I done something wrong I would understand and not have complained about it or even posted a question about it. I never once told them I was leaving because I thought they did a horrible job or whatever. I just asked for my daughter's medical records to be trasferred to another doctor, that was it. It's really upsetting because I was never the rude patient, never the impatient one, never missed appointments-in fact, as I was saying-I only went there a handful of times. I gave the man no reason to deny me services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
I don't think we're getting the full story.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I didn't question him to his face, just to myself. But even at that, I figured his services would've been ok for one visit to get a creme or something for her.

I don't know about his practice not accepting new patients, because when I called them, they were willing to get me in until I told them that I used to take my daughter there...it's so aggrivating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
She said that she didn't question him in person. Maybe the practice is full up with patients and can't take in new ones Have heard of some practices having that problem.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
This is the full story. There is nothing for me to hide, especially if I am asking people a question to find out if they have ever heard of this. Had I done something wrong I would understand and not have complained about it or even posted a question about it. I never once told them I was leaving because I thought they did a horrible job or whatever. I just asked for my daughter's medical records to be trasferred to another doctor, that was it. It's really upsetting because I was never the rude patient, never the impatient one, never missed appointments-in fact, as I was saying-I only went there a handful of times. I gave the man no reason to deny me services.
She was no longer the Doctor's patient as you requested and received your daughter's records to be "transferred to another doctor" as you wrote. Your insurance should cover a walk in clinic. Go there or to the doctor you had the medical records sent to.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:42 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,890,280 times
A Doctor can refuse a patient anytime he/she wants.

I think under law, the Only people that can't turn you away is a hospital emergency room.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 AM

This is just so wrong on so many levels. There should be a law against refusing services. Oh well. I will just wait for the 1st when the new insurance kicks in. Thank you everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
A Doctor can refuse a patient anytime he/she wants.

I think under law, the Only people that can't turn you away is a hospital emergency room.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 AM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
This is just so wrong on so many levels. There should be a law against refusing services. Oh well. I will just wait for the 1st when the new insurance kicks in. Thank you everyone.
Go to a walk in clinic that your insurance has a contract with. Call the 800 phone number on the back of the card, and ask the operator for a facility that accepts your insurance. Why have your child suffer?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM

Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Go to a walk in clinic that your insurance has a contract with. Call the 800 phone number on the back of the card, and ask the operator for a facility that accepts your insurance. Why have your child suffer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: