Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:28 AM

18 posts, read 93,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
Tampa General is good hospital, no doubt, but in middle of town. I moved away from Tampa, due to housing costs, taxes, car insurance rates etc.
I love Brandon, Riverview area myself, but too high for me. We live on 120 year, over here in lakeland, no traffic, Lakeland Regional Hospital close by, the others within 30 mins.
How much do houses go for in Brandon? and also how far is that from Tampa? We are looking more into living close to the city for many reasons. We are pretty young, no kids, love the arts and theather. We want to be able to go out at 2 AM and have coffee and just walk around. Don't really want to be in the middle of nowhere. Also, we want to be in a nice, I guess a little more upscale neighbourhood. I hope that doesn't sound that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Brandon

It looks like Brandon is East from Tampa, about 13 miles. We rather stay more west, closer to the beach.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:02 PM

471 posts, read 1,660,680 times
If you want to be close to the beaches-Pinellas is best.
My favorite areas are Old Northeast St. Pete, near the Vinoy or Coffee Bayou, Safety Harbor, Palm harbor, and Dunedin. All have definite pluses depending on your preferences and lifestyle. We were ambivalent and couldn't make a quick decision, so we decided to rent for awhile. I know I could happily live in any of these areas-still not sure which is the perfect fit. It may well be right here in Palm Harbor-we have 9 more months to decide
If I could afford to buy on the beach itself-no contest- my choice would be-Pass a Grille.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:54 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Thumbs up Depends on your specific needs

The area you choose to live is going to be ,probably, near the kind of hospital you want to be close to. Is there a specific condition you need treatment for, that would limit the hospital? Otherwise Fl is so full of good hospitals, because of the large amount of all types of seniors requiring so many medical treatments. Personally I am familiar with the Morton Plant Hospitals which are like 5-6 hospitals with the same name , but in different areas. I have been to the one in Clearwater and it is a very good hospital. But like I said , it all depends on whether there's a specific condition for which you need treatment. Like somebody else said here, Tampa General Hospital is right in the middle of the city, but you would live close to it , but not in downtown Tampa. There's so many areas that are very nice to live in, with the budget you have for a house, that you won't have any problem finding the house you like. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,778 times
hello my husband and i would be moving from Cleveland, OH by the end of November. we are planning to rent for a while in possibly the Carrollwood area of Tampa. i have been there earlier this month and the places that I liked are New Tampa, Brandon, Carrollwood. They're all quite pricey but it pays to be in a good neighborhood. The traffic in tampa is horrible at times and so that's one bad thing. i would appreciate any feedback with regards to the Carrollwood area. Also, has anyone heard of Forest Hills (Tampa)?

Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancnie View Post
The area you choose to live is going to be ,probably, near the kind of hospital you want to be close to. Is there a specific condition you need treatment for, that would limit the hospital? Otherwise Fl is so full of good hospitals, because of the large amount of all types of seniors requiring so many medical treatments. Personally I am familiar with the Morton Plant Hospitals which are like 5-6 hospitals with the same name , but in different areas. I have been to the one in Clearwater and it is a very good hospital. But like I said , it all depends on whether there's a specific condition for which you need treatment. Like somebody else said here, Tampa General Hospital is right in the middle of the city, but you would live close to it , but not in downtown Tampa. There's so many areas that are very nice to live in, with the budget you have for a house, that you won't have any problem finding the house you like. Good luck!
Thank you! Well, my fiance is a Physician that is why we are looking to live closer to the hospitals. There are some job opportunities in the Tampa Bay area. (one of them is in Tampa General Hospital) So we are in the process of trying to see where he is going to end up working, and then we will look for a house. We might rent first and look around. But I think that I have the basic idea on how much homes go for depending on the location.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintered-out View Post
hello my husband and i would be moving from Cleveland, OH by the end of November. we are planning to rent for a while in possibly the Carrollwood area of Tampa. i have been there earlier this month and the places that I liked are New Tampa, Brandon, Carrollwood. They're all quite pricey but it pays to be in a good neighborhood. The traffic in tampa is horrible at times and so that's one bad thing. i would appreciate any feedback with regards to the Carrollwood area. Also, has anyone heard of Forest Hills (Tampa)?
Hi!
If you don't mins me asking, how much homes run for in Carrollwood? Do you know what is the zip code there? Also, I see that Brandon is very nice place. If I'm not mistaken I see that homes in New Tampa are mosty new, is that the case in Carrollwood?

Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 PM

10 posts, read 34,912 times
Default do you sail?

Do you sail? I noticed your name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway6 View Post
My Fiance and I are thinking about moving to Tampa in the next few months. We are looking for a place close to the city (since he would need to be close to the major hospitals) and not far away from the beach. Looking for a house in a nice neighbourhood for about 300 to 600K.Please any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:15 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,465 times
If your gonna be rich , than move near the beaches, you will pay 2 to 3 times more for everything.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:44 AM
GKR

2 posts, read 4,839 times
I posted this previously but here it is:

The City of Temple Terrace is 8 miles northeast of Tampa and is actually really cool. It's a 1920s golf course community created in the 1922 and has cool old houses and a great old golf course which is city owned and doubles as community greenspace. The city has one of the nicest stretches of the Hillsborough River running through it. The city has 22,000 people and still has a small town atmoshphere. They are currently creating a mixed-use, pedestrian oriented, medium density New Urbanist downtown area. Prices are still affordable but are increasing. For $400,000 you can buy a nice 1950s ranch house overlooking the beautiful old golf course. Temple Terrace is much like its sister city of Coral Gables, Fl. in character. The town is named after the Temple Oramge and was the first place the Temple was planted at scale in the US, it had the largest citrus grove in the world in the 1920s. We have the most grand live oaks of any community in central Florida, and we also have the highest number of college educated folks (probably due to USF being close), and, we also have the highest per capita income of any city in the area. South Tampa might be higher or equal, but it's not a city. It takes me 17 minutes to get from Temple Terrace to downtown Tampa to work every day.

Temple Terrace is in the process of being "discovered".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay