U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:03 PM

68 posts, read 248,482 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever got their brighthouse rebate after signing up and installation ? I'm due a $100. rebate since October and have yet to receive it. I've called several times and they say their checking on it. I have a copy of the rebate form submitted and have followed up as they asked me to do like give them more info etc. Just curious if any one else has experienced this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 PM

326 posts, read 1,176,184 times
I started a new account with Brighthouse the begining of November and I never heard of a rebate??? Can you explain?

Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 AM

25,912 posts, read 39,210,953 times
I referred some one and was promissed a credit on my account which I never got.....

By the way I needed some one to come out for service and it took over a week for some one to have time to address the issue...Luckily for me the issue was very small and could have been taken care off over the phone but the employee on the phone didn't know what to do ...what if your cable doesn't work at all after you pay on time....many people in our community don't pay the HOA which incl. basic cable and they have still access to the basic cable

Old 03-18-2009, 09:56 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,985,676 times
We had the WORST imaginable experiences with that cable company and eventually switched, the cable would go out constantly, workmen wouldn't show up or show or very late for appts, etc....we're much happier now with no issues!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 AM

68 posts, read 248,482 times
Yikes, I'm sorry so many of you have had bad experiences with Brighthouse! I actually have had good service and no problems other than trying to get the promised rebate.

K101608... When I signed up there was a promotion going on , if you signed up for all three...digital phone. internet and cable, you got $25. rebate and then another $25. if a NEW customer. I believe you had to sign up online to get this promotion.

I haven't given up ,I keep bugging them untill I get it!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:49 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,148,012 times
I'll tell you what-Brighthouse is just the worst. I work with them since most apartment communities are under contract with them and they are a horrible cable company. I know a guy that works for them and he said all their main equipment (the stuff we don't see-the stuff that runs what we have) is all outdated. Go figure.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM

326 posts, read 1,176,184 times
Thanks yakityyak...
I guess I missed out on the rebate I didn't sign up online. But knock on wood I don't have any complaints about them either.

I actually moved here from NJ and my internet service works a whole lot better here then what I had back in NJ.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,249,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
I'll tell you what-Brighthouse is just the worst. I work with them since most apartment communities are under contract with them and they are a horrible cable company. I know a guy that works for them and he said all their main equipment (the stuff we don't see-the stuff that runs what we have) is all outdated. Go figure.
Hello mquintana -question on the same line: Do most apartment offer free basic cable as part of the rent? I keep seeng "cable ready" in their ads, and can't figure what that means. I guess I've been living out of country for too long.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:02 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,148,012 times
lol-it's all good. Cable ready means it's ready for cable-but not provided. Some provide cable or internet for an additional fee, but for the most part communities do not offer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hello mquintana -question on the same line: Do most apartment offer free basic cable as part of the rent? I keep seeng "cable ready" in their ads, and can't figure what that means. I guess I've been living out of country for too long.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,249,983 times
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay