Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 AM

38 posts, read 156,369 times

Advertisements

I have a question about the pool screen enclosures I see on all the houses in areas I am searching online (Port Richey, Trinity and surrounding areas)

My question is how do these enclosures stand up to the bad storms or possible hurricane weather?

Do they have to be disasembled and put back up when storms are coming into town? Or do they stay up all year round and hold up to most storms?

They look great to have to protect from the bugs but I wonder if anyone who has one can tell me how they hold up to the local elements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,073,369 times
They hold up pretty well. In a hurricane, flying objects, like lawn furniture, tables, etc, can cause problems as well as trees falling on them. If it's a Cat 4 or 5 that's the least of your problems.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:43 AM

831 posts, read 2,428,805 times
If you were to get a screen installed now the code is different from those build 5 years ago. It has to be up to hurricane standards, which the building inspectors will make sure it is. Once its up thats it nothing more to do. Personally I chose brown because the mold doesn't show like on the white. The tax asssessor will also come out and reassess your property once its finished. One more note be careful of what you plant around the exterior, when the people come to cut my grass it all goes thru the screen and in the pool.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 AM

2 posts, read 26,425 times
To provide additional security for your pool and make it more efficient in its use of heat, you’ll need a pool enclosure. These structures may be permanent, semi-permanent or temporary, depending on what materials they’re made of.

Most pool owners nowadays prefer retractable pool enclosures even if they’re more expensive than their non-retractable counterpart. For one thing, use of retractable pool enclosures would negate the need of applying for building permits in most cases. Use them to help heat your pool during winter and rainstorms then retract them to enjoy the full blast of summer.

Even if you’ve got the doors to your pool enclosure sealed shut, you won’t have to worry about not having enough air inside. Pool enclosures generally come with ventilation systems that allow the air to continue circulating even within confined areas.

Unless you’ve ordered for the largest models, most pool enclosures won’t require professional installation. You can assemble it by yourself within a few hours. It’s also entirely up to you if you wish it to be a freestanding structure or have it attached to your patio or any other part of your property.

If, however, you do order for the larger models, be reminded that you’ll have to pay for both installation and delivery.

As long as the materials your pool enclosure is constructed from allow use of solar power, they can help in heating your pool even during the chillier days of the year and when outdoor swimming isn’t something you’d contemplate doing.

Pool enclosures may come in a variety of designs, shapes, and sizes but in the chance that you still don’t find something that fits your needs, you can always have something custom-made for your pool.

If having a pool at home is a luxury you can afford, consider pool enclosures as a requirement for keeping that particular luxury available for use all year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay