Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:35 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwrg24 View Post
Does anyone remember a restaurant on Hillsborough ave just west of Westshore Blvd. where the airport runway ends. It was the middle to late 60's and I learned how to cut a steak there ... Fairly nice place ... I actually worked at Crawdaddy's, and hung at the Blue Crab, Casbah and others. Remember Biff Burger, Burger Chef, 20thcentury, xxx bookstores everywhere, women's garden club, San Sousi, Dog N Suds ......
Before my time but I remember a couple places, was it Eden Roc, Pompeii, or San Souci Lounge ? But I think San Souci was the mafia place on Eisenhower not Hillsborough. Mexican Burro was on the north side of Hillsborough by the airport.

Last edited by KPB; 03-26-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 01:04 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Before my time but I remember a couple places, was it Eden Roc, Pompeii, or San Souci Lounge ? But I think San Souci was the mafia place on Eisenhower not Hillsborough. Mexican Burro was on the north side of Hillsborough by the airport.
Eden Roc was my street pete. It was the San souci just north of the Texico .

Old 03-26-2017, 02:00 PM
KPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Eden Roc was my street pete. It was the San souci just north of the Texico .
It was also the name a bar/lounge that the Lazarras owned. It changed names to The Dunes. It was next to Sonny's BBQ.

If I'm not mistaking San Soucci on Eisenhower was the one that burned down every year.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
It was also the name a bar/lounge that the Lazarras owned. It changed names to The Dunes. It was next to Sonny's BBQ.

If I'm not mistaking San Soucci on Eisenhower was the one that burned down every year.
It was just south of the Boatmart. Not sure if you remember the Boatmart. Then there was a fire station on the east side to the north of the Boat mart. There was also a Phillips 66 just before you turned to go to the causway in the 60's and 70's and then it became a Alli tire store.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:39 PM
KPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It was just south of the Boatmart. Not sure if you remember the Boatmart. Then there was a fire station on the east side to the north of the Boat mart. There was also a Phillips 66 just before you turned to go to the causway in the 60's and 70's and then it became a Alli tire store.
I remember all the boats in front of the boat mart, and the volunteer fire station across the street, the Sony Consumer Center, and another bar called Scruples.
I don't remember the Phillips 66 but do remember a station on the north side of Memorial and Eisenhower. They wiped all those places out when they started building the Veterans. The whole area is a mess now IMO. Nothing like it use to be.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I remember all the boats in front of the boat mart, and the volunteer fire station across the street, the Sony Consumer Center, and another bar called Scruples.
I don't remember the Phillips 66 but do remember a station on the north side of Memorial and Eisenhower. They wiped all those places out when they started building the Veterans. The whole area is a mess now IMO. Nothing like it use to be.
Back in the 60's the only way out of Danashores to go south was a side road that went to that Phillips 66. Then around 1974 they made a road that went due east where you could turn south. Then they built that road that cut thru Rocky point where the skeet club used to be in 1983.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,065 times
Oh My , I remember Chief Charley's restaurant Dunedin Florida... I moved down there Winter 1976 and worked at Chief Charley's 1977. I was a Dish washer lol My girlfriend worked there as well but she had an affair with the assistant manager. No hard feelings she did me a favor in the long run haha. However , There was this server she was older than me by maybe 8 years or so and guess she felt sorry for me because I always had to walk home, So her and her boyfriend gave me a ride home, Her boyfriend I remember was blasting Led Zeppelin- How many more times... From Zeppelins first album and it couldn't have been more appropriate because it wasn't the first time my girlfriend cheated on me lol. Anyway those were some great times looking back on it and yes Chief Charley's restaurant was my real first job. And to be honest the assistant manager was quite a few years older than her and she was at that time the same age as me which was 17 years old. But man Chief Charley's restaurant had these great steaks and their Fries were amazing with melted cheese on them hahaha Great times in South Florida in the 70's and 80's. Back them "social media" was CB Radio, Mine was Cobra KMH-8925 wow I miss those days. Also all the night fishing on Pier 60 , I later moved to Tarpon Springs Florida where my Dad opened a Paint and Body shop called CK Automotive located on Athens street right off of Alt-19, Loved fishing and cast netting off Anclote river bridge that over looked pappas restaurant in Tarpon Springs , Tarpon Springs Florida as most know is a Greek community with the sponge docks and great food. Anyway thanks for the memories and this forum.

Last edited by Paul Colson; 02-20-2018 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Added More

Old 12-07-2018, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,222 times
What was the name of the fish and chips place in Twin Bays Shopping Center? Mr. Something. Anyone?

Old 12-07-2018, 06:29 PM
KPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjordan71 View Post
What was the name of the fish and chips place in Twin Bays Shopping Center? Mr. Something. Anyone?
I remember the shopping center had a Woolco and a Shakeys pizza and a bar called Proud Lion then it changed names to Squires but dont recall a fish nchip place.

Its all gone and a Lowe's sits on the property now.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:34 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjordan71 View Post

Are you thinking of Arthur Treacher's?

Man, do I ever miss them. I have a friend that managed one when I was in High School in Orlando, they were amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay