U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:48 AM

16 posts, read 78,829 times

Advertisements

I am a Tampa native, and Imoved to Miami a year ago. Just wanted to give some advice to anyone thinking on doing the same "DON'T"! These are the rudest people on the planet! anyway Miami isn't even part of America ! It has been taken over by immagrants who are racist towards americans, hard to believe, but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 09:11 PM

13,496 posts, read 25,440,038 times
Oh I believe it. That seems to be the same thing that many people who have moved out of Miami are saying.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 PM

16 posts, read 78,829 times
omg! jump over to the miami forum, you would be shocked! americans are really disliked here!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:01 AM

158 posts, read 476,568 times
no their not its just people like you that apperantly take offense to a latino looking at you or hasnt learned english yet??!!?!? Im a white american and i have some latino friends and my most of my friends are fine some just might complain that some dont know english but the majority know english.
I just had two friends move from Tampa after moving there from New York and they love it, it all depends on the person you cant go and tell people not to come to miami alot of people like it here actually most people do they just stay out of these websites cause its pointless to say good stuff about miami with the same six or so forumers bashing and hating on miami the majority love it here and dnt plan to move.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 AM

286 posts, read 662,053 times
I respect Miami as a culture hub, and gamma-level world city. However, I prefer Tampa because the crime is a great deal less, and the weather is more mild. Miami is like a supercharged version of Tampa, with many more pitfalls that show up in the everyday realities of living somewhere.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 53,718 times
I agree with you about the immigrants, that is why I wont move there!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM

3,353 posts, read 1,674,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayna2020 View Post
I agree with you about the immigrants, that is why I wont move there!
How can you stand to be in the U.S. at all? Oh, you're Native American, right?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 11,072,885 times
You know Gulfbaby, I live in Miami and I banned myself from the Miami subforum because of stuff like this.

I think when you make blanket statements like that, you should leave yourself, and others, some room for "difference of opinion".

And like someone else said, yep, you are probably Native American.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM

1,418 posts, read 7,076,520 times
You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Miami. Same goes for New York City. Same also goes for prison.

Life is too short and my time too valuable to do any of it in one of the above three places.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM

10 posts, read 70,088 times
Miami is a wonderful city if you have plenty of money to move in the upper level circles. For the middle or upper middle levels, it can be a tough gig and if you're in the lower to low middle range, forget it! I lived there several years ago and it was headed into a very tough arena at that time, so on business trips since that time, I've seen it take a severe downslide-- except in the toniest sections of town or South Beach. It is truly a shame!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay