U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:02 AM

27,799 posts, read 24,033,926 times

Advertisements

Family in the area tell me to get a "gated community" whenever they talk to me. Wonder if they're concerned about crime in TB escalating. From my experience as a renter over the last 20 yrs, many of these apartment gates seem to be broken half the time and a false sense of security. Must be a manager's constant headache keeping them fixed (right MQUITANA?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 AM

219 posts, read 499,553 times
I agree with you Buc, I do think that the only "gated" community that provides real security on the ones with maned guards. But I do think that the electronic gate may act as a deterrent to the simple criminal that works on opportunity. The fact is...is somebody wants to rob you they are going to rob you. I do think the gate cuts down on traffic which cuts down on noise which makes me happy. I have never looked at the gate as a sense of security but I still prefer to live in a community that has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Family in the area tell me to get a "gated community" whenever they talk to me. Wonder if they're concerned about crime in TB escalating. From my experience as a renter over the last 20 yrs, many of these apartment gates seem to be broken half the time and a false sense of security. Must be a manager's constant headache keeping them fixed (right MQUITANA?).

Old 04-19-2009, 05:18 AM

24,809 posts, read 36,422,605 times
I don't agree. I own a property in Seven Oaks and it is in a non gated sub community and there is no more crimes than in the gated area's. Just look on the sheriff's website and you can learn it is as I state.

Meadow Point has some gangs according to a briefing that we had from the local police who had send a poice officer to one of the HOA meetings and he responded that certain areas in the Tampa Bay has them...the one I mentioned earlier and also the area around USF and other communities.

I my self live in a non gated community and they only things we deal with is some juvenile's who are never watched by their parents and they commit vandalism...soon the parents will have to pay the bill snce the cameras have proven to capture them doing so.

I also have a property in a Town Home community and their is hardly anything going on except for dog poop complains, just as elsewhere....

Compared to other area's in America I think we are pretty safe over here...

Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 AM

11 posts, read 52,315 times
Default Hi - I saw you're posting on city-data forums and..

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
There is no website. It is not a "rental" neighborhood. All of the townhomes are individually owned but of course a few are investment properties so they are open for rent. We went through a real estate guy. If you are interested in that I can direct message you his contact info. That is one of the nice things about it...most of the people we have meet own their place therefore I believe a little more pride is taken in the area.

I saw you're posting, and would like to move to the area. Can you please send me the contact info for the person you dealt with.

thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay