Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 04:38 PM

15 posts, read 80,605 times

Advertisements

Would be working near this area and need to be able to bike or walk to work (at Hobbs and Jetton).

Looking for a 3bd or 2bd w/den, washer/dryer, dish washer, preferably 2 bathrooms. Pool and playground would be great. Looking for something between $800 and $950 or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
You can try Sanctuary at Highland Oaks. This community is nicely kept and is near 75. To get there, you will stay on Faulkenburg and cross over MLK. It'll be on the right side shortly after you cross over MLK.

Anything around Woodberry will be income restricted housing and a bit of a rough area. The area Sanctuary is in isn't the greatest, but it's definatly better than Woodberry. Remember, this whole area in general is more industrial and also is a little more on the rough side then you would get in Brandon.

One more thing, don't go to Sabal Park Apartments. It's on MLK after you make a left from Faulkenburg. I know from personal experience that this is a worse area than down the street at Sanctuary.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info. Can you recommend the closest places (to Hobbs and Jetson) to look based on the type of apt and rent range that I'm looking for?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM

I don't know those street names, what are those street near? It's hard to find a 3br apt. for the price range you are looking for, unless they have big specials...but let me know where those streets are near and I can give you my best info...

Old 04-26-2009, 07:42 PM

Is Providence Place Apartments nice? They have some great move in specials.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM

5 posts, read 17,963 times
Providence Place and Plantaion Key on Providence and Hwy 60 are also slums. You can't get a decent apartment that isn't OLD or in the income restricted ghetto for that price. One I lived at about 6 yrs ago was Brandon Oaks on Parsons near Hwy 60 and a two bedroom was $650/month...but then again that was 6 yrs ago...don't know what they rent for now. But it was a really nice quiet older place but well maintained.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:38 PM

WHOA-WHOA-WHOA!!! Before you speak about something-MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Your information is INCORRECT.

It's Providence PARK that is a SLUM. Providence PARK and Plantation Key. Providence PLACE is NOT the same place

Now, let me HELP you elevendollarlife-with the CORRECT info. Providence Place is actually located in a pretty decent area. It is down Providence Rd. and near Bloomingdale Blvd. The grounds are pretty and the location is convenient. Providence Place is not a bad place to rent. You should go check it out. Apparently the rents are lower, but it's nice for an older community. Take it from me, as someone who is in the industry, I can tell you a little something about every apartment community in Brandon. If you need more info, let me know-but people like the poster I quoted obviously knows not of what they are talking about. I would like to direct you to the correct place and not scare you away from a decent place as they did. It's Providence Park that is bad. Providence Park and Plantation Key is managed by Garden Management. Providence Place is managed by Sentinel Real Estate Corp. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Let me know if you want more info on other places also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSpice View Post
Providence Place and Plantaion Key on Providence and Hwy 60 are also slums. You can't get a decent apartment that isn't OLD or in the income restricted ghetto for that price. One I lived at about 6 yrs ago was Brandon Oaks on Parsons near Hwy 60 and a two bedroom was $650/month...but then again that was 6 yrs ago...don't know what they rent for now. But it was a really nice quiet older place but well maintained.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:46 PM

One more thing, I don't understand how you sit here and say what a slum Plantation Key and providence park are, but compliment Brandon Oaks. I knew people who lived there and it was NOTHING nice. Nothing at all. And then after that couple moved out, they tried charging them for EVERYTHING-I MEAN EVERYTHING-even things that were there before they moved in and noted on a move in sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSpice View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay