U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 AM

2,602 posts, read 6,617,581 times

Advertisements

Okay, I thought this might be a fun topic. Every city has its own legends: tales of local characters or haunted roads, et cetera. Well, what about Tampa? Let's share some of those rumors we may have heard at school or from the neighbors or wherever.

I'll start. I admit that I may have a lot, but it's because I was researching this before I posted the thread.

Sunshine Skyway: A hitchhiker along the side of the road, who disappears once you pull over. Also, on the anniversary of the bridge collapse, a spectral Greyhound bus speeds down the north fishing pier.

Tampa Theater: The ghost of an old projectionist can still be heard jingling his keys.

Prom Queen: Alternate Keene Rd, Largo. A spectral girl lingers along the road due to a fatal car crash in 1982.

Britton Theater: Phantom noises and voices, especially in the two upstairs theaters.

Dead Man's Curve: Himes Ave at Neptune. A local nickname due to the large amount of car crashes.

University Mall: A stalker waits around the restrooms, looking for people to kidnap.

(and now for a piece of neighborhood lore) The abandoned house: As kids, we used to think (who knows why) that the abandoned house on the other block was haunted. For some reason, we thought that the owner's wife killed the husband and put his head in a flowerpot. This really shook us all up. We investigated one day and there was red stuff on the driveway, which we naturally thought was blood. I'd imagine it was just red paint. Also, on the front porch, were a bunch of flowerpots. I was too afraid to investigate to see if there was a head inside.

Haha, most of these sound pretty lame and all of these seem pretty untrue. Still, they are a unique piece of Tampa/St. Pete. Please share some you may have heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 AM

13,773 posts, read 31,521,822 times
There have been ghosts sightings in Ybor City. My Dh was working in/around the movie theater there remodeling the building. They heard voices in the back of theater when there were only 2 of them working there.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,851 times
when me and my best friend went to spend 2 nights at a hotel on st pete beach we noticed that we were very close to the don cesar mabey 3 or 4 hotels down from it. any who we had heard the ghost stories about it but ignored the rumors figuring ho silly it sounded . that night mabey around 1:00 am or so my friend and me got into an argument and he stormed off down the beach (walking twords the don cesar) . i sat down on the sand and stared off into the ocean cooling myself down . 15 min later i saw him coming back twords me and for some reason he was soaking wet he didnt say a word and his face looked as if he just saw a ghost. he sat quietly for awhile and i finally asked whats wrong he didnt say anything i kept asking what was wrong and he said he was walking trying to cool off and he got right in front of the big pink hotel (don cesar) and he said he heard screaming coming from the water he said he heard a little girl splashing and screaming for help he quickly ran into the water yeling "where are you i cant see you im here to help you where are you" but the screams just kept going further and further away he told me he didnt know if it was real or not. we waited the next day to see if any missing children reports came on the news but nothing... well a few months later i was telling the story on friday the 13th just to get a reaction from some of the kids i was telling it to, then one of my friends inturpted me and said wait did you say the don cesar and i said yea she said liike in front of it and i said yea why she told me that mabey 6 years earlier a little girl had drown there . My heart dropped! WIERD RYYT!!!! TRUE STORY THOUGH!

Old 05-19-2009, 02:54 PM

30 posts, read 78,008 times
When my fiance (now wife) and I were researching wedding venues we went to check out the Tampa Garden Club building on Bayshore one afternoon. My mom was also there and we were standing around in the parking lot waiting on the lady to show up with the key. While we were standing around talking I looked over and saw what appeared to be a pale hand pull aside the blinds in one of the windows. I pointed it out to my mom and fiance who both saw it as well. We were discussing whether or not to go see if someone was already inside when the lady showed up with the key. By that point the hand was gone and the blinds were no longer parted. When we got inside the place was empty (confirmed by the garden club lady). The A/C was off and there was nothing near the window that could have blown into it to part it the way it was. We didn't choose the place as our venue and I haven't been back since but we all agree that whatever it was it was one of the strangest things we've ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay