U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,749 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to the Tampa Bay Area in mid June. He will be attending Hillsborough Comm. College (15th St campus). We are looking for a 2 bedroom/2bath apt/condo in a walkable neighborhood and a reasonable drive to the college. Want to be able to walk to grocery store, pharmacy, Barnes and Noble-like bookstore, restaurants, etc. I have been on the net for days but, don't know the safety factors for walking these neighborhoods. Tampa, Clearwater and Brandon are where I have been looking.Any suggestions. Sure could use some help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 10:35 AM

1,404 posts, read 4,808,583 times
You can walk around in Brandon without worries. If you are looking into apts. here in brandon check out Lucerne, Asprey, Tranquility Lake, the Circles at Crosstown, Hamlin, Addison, Courtney Trace, and The Estates at Tuscany Ridge. There are all kinds of specials running right now.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM

24,726 posts, read 20,866,098 times
I gotta get to the TB soon before those specials are through. It'll be tempting to buy a home, though.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,203,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5zart View Post
My husband and I will be moving to the Tampa Bay Area in mid June. He will be attending Hillsborough Comm. College (15th St campus). We are looking for a 2 bedroom/2bath apt/condo in a walkable neighborhood and a reasonable drive to the college. Want to be able to walk to grocery store, pharmacy, Barnes and Noble-like bookstore, restaurants, etc. I have been on the net for days but, don't know the safety factors for walking these neighborhoods. Tampa, Clearwater and Brandon are where I have been looking.Any suggestions. Sure could use some help.
Ybor City, where the college is located, and a VERY walkable neighborhood, with funcky shops, EXCELLENT restaurants, and LOTS of nightlife(although it can get very busy on Friday and Saturday nights). There are smaller type deli's and grocers like the kind you see in NYC in Ybor City, independant coffee houses and art houses, and music venues.....for the bigger grocery store, you'd have to go about a mile to downtown Tampa Publix on Bayshore and Platt. There is a Saturday Fresh market in Cententianl Park weekly.....The area east of 22nd avenue and north of Interstate 4 is not a very desirable area of Ybor City.(look at tbo.com, craigslist, and a realtor specializing in rentals)
Downtown Tampa is also walkable, and each month there are lots of independant type shops, retail and cafes opening - (check out the Element, or Art Center Lofts, tbo.com, craigslist, or a realtor specializing in rentals, also www.tampasdowntown.com).....there is also Channelside neighborhood of downtown Tampa(Seaport Apartments) which is walkable to Ybor or downtown Tampa and also has a streetcar and trolley service available...and then there is Hyde Park, Davis Islands neighborhoods in South Tampa which have been around since the early 1900's.

Clearwater may be too much of a commute(25-30min), i'm not too familiar with walkable neighborhoods in Cleawater.
Brandon is very suburban(20-25 min), but you may be able to find an apartment complex close to Rte 60 which is the main strip through Brandon with lots of stores, strip malls, etc.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:36 AM

6 posts, read 13,038 times
Apollo beach is good place. Walk to everything and freindly people. Close to highways and easy commute everywhere. Check it out, it is worth it. I also know of some great rentals if you would like more info.
Thanks for reading

Old 04-26-2009, 05:38 AM

187 posts, read 835,097 times
Ybor is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay