Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM

10 posts, read 21,225 times

Advertisements

My family is moving from Palm Harbor to Carrollwood in May. We need to hire a moving company and I have already been on the phone with 5 different companies. It's crazy, it's like they are trying to sell me a car or health insurance or something!

We are only moving from one 3 bedroom apartment to another, so it's not a huge thing.

I am just trying to find a company that is reasonable but reliable. A couple names I have dealt with so far are Apartment Movers, Discount Moving Company, Joyce Van Lines and American Van Lines.

Does anyone happen to know anything about any of these companies? So far the lowest price has been the Apartment movers, but does that mean they are idiots?

AHHH help please! I wish we could just do this ourselves!

Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM

9 posts, read 32,827 times
I don't know if they have a location down there, but we're using Two Men and a Truck to move to St. Pete from Gainesville. They appear to have fairly decent rates and are fully insured (none of that 60 cents a pound insurance but full replacement value). That might be another option for you. Good luck!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 AM

471 posts, read 1,660,873 times
We used a local independent mover for our move within palm harbor.
We were very satisfied with the service and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Send me a direct message if you would like name and number.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
You can post recommendations as long as you have at least 10 posts and are not recommending your own business.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
I recall seeing several ppl recommend 2 men and a truck.

Be sure you check the BBB for complaints for any moving company.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,183 times
We just used Rock's Moving Company for a move from S. Tampa to Riverview two weeks ago. Good price, they were quick and very professional. We will definitely use them next time we move.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:49 AM

8 posts, read 27,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysta814 View Post
My family is moving from Palm Harbor to Carrollwood in May. We need to hire a moving company and I have already been on the phone with 5 different companies. It's crazy, it's like they are trying to sell me a car or health insurance or something!

We are only moving from one 3 bedroom apartment to another, so it's not a huge thing.

I am just trying to find a company that is reasonable but reliable. A couple names I have dealt with so far are Apartment Movers, Discount Moving Company, Joyce Van Lines and American Van Lines.

Does anyone happen to know anything about any of these companies? So far the lowest price has been the Apartment movers, but does that mean they are idiots?

AHHH help please! I wish we could just do this ourselves!

Thanks for any advice!
we are moving to Tampa and are hiring Bekins. They are moving our neighbor also who recommend them as they have move them before also.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 PM

97 posts, read 353,132 times
So, these companies are good for people moving across the state of Florida, but who would you guys recommend for a national move? (North Dakota to Florida)

Old 04-25-2009, 04:33 PM

13 posts, read 53,781 times
I agree. I have a 2 Bedroom Townhouse in Maine that I got to pack up and move to Tampa! Does anyone know of any company that would do that, or do I need to pack a U-Haul and drive down ourselves? I would rather pay someone to move everything down there that way we can fly! Any suggestions?

Old 04-25-2009, 06:47 PM

28 posts, read 80,033 times
Default try U-ship

You will get bids and most are you pack they load and unload. Check out the references for those who bid to make sure they are reliable. Cheaper than U-haul for us. Also check out pods, you pack and load they haul. About the same cost for us as Uhaul from Reno to Tampa Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay