U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 03:55 AM

956 posts, read 1,681,234 times

Advertisements

Just was wondering if anyone has had any experiences dealing with the Art Institute of Tampa. My son wants to transfer there as a junior in college because their game art program seems very specific and detail oriented. I'm just not so sure about the school's reputation in the game design world or with major design companies like Disney, Nintendo or Electronic Arts. ALso they do not have on campus housing and I didn't know what kind of area the school is in. Supposedly it's on Hines Ave near Bucs Stadium, so he would have take a city bus to get to school. I just need to know if this is a high crime area. I know that no place is safe, but I don't want to be asking for trouble by putting him a high crime area . Any info anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Patty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM

6,530 posts, read 13,882,913 times
I'm not familiar with that school specifically, but schools of that type generally don't live up to the hype in terms of getting you to the really limited number of jobs in the gaming area. If he's got a real interest in digital media, I'd seriously look at Central Florida because they seem to be very well-networked to local businesses and defense contractors and even if he's not going to be one of the very smart and very lucky to land in a gaming development job, you can more than pay the rent developing computer simulations for the Armed Forces and have your weekends free to make your own shareware games.

http://www.dm.ucf.edu/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: