Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 PM

28 posts, read 80,021 times

Advertisements

We are finally moving to Clearwater/Dunedin area in June. Been planning this for over a year. If I get the job in Holiday I'm interviewing for next week, how long will it take me to get to work from downtown Clearwater? I think most of the traffic at rush hour would be going the opposite way? Also, Clearwater to Odessa (east of Suncoast) would take about how long?

Seems to be more condos available in Clearwater - I know I have to deal with the COS in downtown so I'm hoping to find a nice condo in Dunedin but doesn't seem to be much available in the $1400-$1700/mo price range. No kids so schools don't matter but being close to the trail is important.

BTW, how bad are the COS folks to live around? Do they harrass you? I can ignore some things but don't want to live by people that try to get me to join church every time I go outside to take a walk!

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Default Driving time Clearwater to Holiday at rush hour

Bump

Anyone know approx driving time?

I want to make sure my drive to work isn't crazy in what I've heard is God awful traffic! I've been there 4 times in the last year to check out areas, vacation, attend a conference, etc but I haven't encountered really terrible traffic during those visits.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,197,771 times
1/2 hour maybe, 40 mins tops. I'd take Drew St. or Sunset point Road up to 19. I've never been approached by any COS people, they pretty much stick to themselves.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
COS ppl do not bother anyone, they are in their own little world. You may see them walking around in their uniforms 'staring straight ahead'

You might try looking at Tarpon Springs for a place to rent. Nice little town

Old 04-28-2009, 06:35 AM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
Tarpon Springs is a great suggestion as well as Ozona or Crystal Beach. If being close to the Pinellas Trail is the main reason to be in downtown Clw. I'd definitely look further north. Safety Harbor is nice but not close to the trail.
It won't take you long to learn the best routes at different times of day. There are some intersections along Belcher Rd. and US-19 to avoid at rush hour and your experiences will be the best teacher. A fender bender will make things worse and you can't predict those. I found February traffic to be the heaviest. Why do tourists need to be on the road at 7:00 AM anyway?
Why are you leaving Reno?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Default moving closer to family

We are leaving Reno because my family needs me to be on the east coast. My mother has cancer that refuses to go away - it's returned 5 times after chemo. My dtrs live in Nashville and really miss seeing me - I miss them too! A grandson that is 18mo old now won't know who "Nana" is if he only sees her once or twice a year. It's a lot of pressure to deal with and frankly, I can't say "no I'm staying out west" anymore.

I've put it off for a long time as I like living in Reno but I think now is the time to leave and move to Tampa. I'll miss living without bugs and the mountains but with what we are gaining, it will be worth it. I know there are freaks, a lot of sex offenders, homeless, but hey, I live in Reno NV now which is home to more than a fair share of smokers, alcoholics, sex offenders, homeless, methheads, etc. It's not all bad of course but there is a lot here to be ignored.

As far as Florida with the beach, the water, the weather, short non-stop flights to visit my family and for them to visit me (they can afford airfare to Tampa but not across the country), I think we are making a good move. I'm tired of using every bit of vacation time to go back east to Nashville and Ohio to see family. Weekend trips will not be a problem once I get to the Tampa area. I can go once a month to see them, or pay for their airfare to visit me!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
Sounds like a lot of stress. God won't put more on your plate than you can handle! I hope all works out for you.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Clw to Odessa would be about 30 minutes, again depending on where in Odessa and/or CLW.

Personally unless I was working in CLW or could afford to live on the beach I would look a little further north.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 AM

471 posts, read 1,660,680 times
I agree with Keeper, North Clearwater(Countryside area), Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs would be a much easier commute, and there are a lot of condo/apt rentals in your price range. West of Rt 19 would have you close to the trail and Alt 19 or 19 right up to Holiday. East of 19 and west of McMullen Booth Rd will add a little distance from the trail, but is convenient for the commute to holiday. Takes me 10 to 15 min. from palm harbor to holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay