U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 PM

5,970 posts, read 7,526,449 times

Advertisements

Story on tonights Channel 13 news.
Current state law states that cameras can only be installed on private property. Law will be changed to allow cameras on public property. This to allow more cameras to be installed at U.S. 19/Ridge, all directions.
But somebody didn't do their home work or is deliberately disobeying the law concerning where red light cameras can be installed.
FL state law states that if a city/county wants to install red light traffic cameras, they can NOT be installed on any roadway designated as a U.S. and/or Fl. State hwy. or any roadway intersecting with them.
So how is Pasco Co. getting away with violating FL law by installing red light cameras on U.S.19 [whether on public or private property]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:22 PM

15,954 posts, read 17,682,385 times
Who really cares they need them for all the lousy FL drivers. US 19 is one one of the most deadly highways in the country.

We have been here almost two years and have never seen the amount of carnage on the roads that occurs here anywhere else.

Hit them in the pocketbook.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 AM

811 posts, read 2,334,655 times
My question to people out there is this:
Has ANYONE been issued a photo citation for running a red light in Pasco?? Anyone??? Bueller..? Bueller...? I believe they may be installed, but I doubt they are active. That's how they get around it.
Ever see the signs on people's property saying "monitored by camera", then you find the camera and it's a plastic box with a lens glued to it? LOL...that's what Port Richey is doing, if you ask me. They make a big deal that they have cams up-better watch out! ooooooooo... and its all BS. Scare tactics, IMO.
I still would like to see if anyone can say they've received a ticket in the mail for running a red light in Pasco.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 AM

478 posts, read 1,120,403 times
the driving is THAT bad now in little Pasco county now too?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Who really cares they need them for all the lousy FL drivers. US 19 is one one of the most deadly highways in the country.

We have been here almost two years and have never seen the amount of carnage on the roads that occurs here anywhere else.

Hit them in the pocketbook.
I agree! Florida drivers are the worst I have ever seen. Of course, it doesnt help that US 19 (especially the stretch in Pasco) is the worst road in the history of mankind. Mis-timed traffic lights, lights at every turn, intersection and other gripe-prone intersection. All of that contributes to people being angry, frustrated, and drive with a wanton purpose-MAKE THAT NEXT LIGHT AT ANY COST DAMMIT!! I'll be damned if I am gonna stop AGAIN!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
Oh man, it's awful. And I've been out here for 15 years. It takes you more time to go from 54 and Rowan to the Gulf View Mall than it does to go from the same starting point and the Countryside Mall in Pinellas!! It's a joke out here. During the day, the traffic is ridiculous. Does ANYONE have a job in Pasco???? It seems like all people do out here is drive around all day long!! I thought I had road rage when I lived in L.A.....this place is insane! LOL

Old 05-01-2009, 12:49 PM

478 posts, read 1,120,403 times
I thought Pasco was more laid back and rural though? No?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM

It is in the Dade City area, even some parts of Land O' Lakes. But New Port Richey, Port Richey, Hudson and Holiday have become bustling little metropolis (es)?? Can you pluralize metropolis? LOL

Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM

154 posts, read 455,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
It is in the Dade City area, even some parts of Land O' Lakes. But New Port Richey, Port Richey, Hudson and Holiday have become bustling little metropolis (es)?? Can you pluralize metropolis? LOL
metropolis (plural metropolises or metropoleis)

Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM

8,376 posts, read 26,237,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
It is everywhere. The real question is did the revenue situation get that bad now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay