Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 PM

16 posts, read 31,989 times

Advertisements

Was thinking of just driving a car up (probably 4 1/2 hr drive) from miami (a complete sewer like all of s fl) and take a look at the areas of tampa, st. pete, clearwater like for 6 hours and just drive back down the same day. Want to split this disgusting place asap to be with normal americans, the kind from whatever background who speak english and are conscientious. Then interview some doctors on the phone at a later date and decide.

1. Is this possible to get a good feel of the area or do you recommend a different method?

2. Which areas and places should I visit? (beaches are irrelevant, want to know the tendencies of the people and how daily living would be). A friend says pinellas county is much better than hillsborough, don't know what that exactly constitutes, anyways.

3. Which areas should I go to get a good feel of exactly how badly hispanic the area is compared to miami?

Thanks

Old 05-02-2009, 01:29 PM

25 posts, read 122,165 times
Wow! Really? You want to know how BADLY Hispanic the area is?????? Well, if you use the phrase "badly hispanic" in ANY context, you don't belong in the Tampa area either! Take a look at city-data's city profiles, you can get a breakdown of the percentage of residents within each race for every city...I'm sure you'll be able to find a city with a very low percentage of Hispanic people if you really do your research. I understand Miami has a great deal of Hispanic people, but I'm sure you knew that before you moved there.

Unbelievable! You're the type of person that makes me afraid to raise my children in Florida...thank God all Floridians don't think the way you do!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:40 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
St. Pete has a high immigrant population. Many Serbians, Bosnians, Russians, and Hispanics. Half the time I forget what my own language (English) is.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Well, let's put it this way. I speak 4 languages and have more culture in my pinkie finger than in people of s fl. S Fl is a sewer, especially miami. End of discussion. S Fl people wouldn't know culture, economics, foward thinking behaviors if it hit them in their fat asses. Because it sets their whole world on fire when the person next to them does well, that's why those countries will always be the 3rd world. And if I was wrong, you wouldn't have sought to go to the u.s. Unfortunately the average american is not quick to anger, altruistic to their detriment and naive. Though that's changed and there's a heightened awareness that 3rd worlders should take serious inventory of. This is about reality, not the good chileans, argentinians, etc here and there. Deception and dishonesty is the way of life. The difference is actually that the trash that has emigrated to s fl is worse than in their respective countries of origin. Go to costa rica, santiago or buenos aires and english is spoken. To end this non-debate because fl will end up eating itself, which is why I'm perfectly content with what it's become, let me put it in a form that clearly sums it up from someone of your own:
"11-23-08 Valeriege

I currently live in Miami and I've been here for a bit over 10 years.
I'm originally from Venezuela. My plans are to move to Canada once I'm
done with school here. I'M IN LOVE WITH CANADA.
I know, lots of people would do anything to live here, but I just can't
wait to get out of this melting pot of trash people. I am hispanic
myself, so I won't say the trashy people down here in Miami are all the
hispanics. But I've noticed that all hispanic people that come to Miami,
are good for nothing. all they do here, is hate on each other. They envy
everyone that is successful, they are rude, no education, no
discipline...and as we hispanics say "chusmeria total". They don't
respect anybody and they think they deserve the world without earning it
first. I am sick of having people around me that are no good and only
wish me wrong. I need to be around civilized people, lol. Been a few
times to Canada, and I've noticed a completely different atmosphere.
People are so educated it's hard to believe. I have met one or two here
and there that as soon as you say you're from America, they completely
change, so I've stopped saying I'm from America.
Other than the people from Miami, Miami has been cruel to my family as
well. We've worked hard to get to where we are. I moved here with my
mother and younger sister without having anybody to rely on, no friends
or family. we worked, and worked hard for our dreams, until everything
seemed good. We owned our own beauty salon, we bought a house, cars,
invested in properties, etc. Then the economy started getting worse and
worse and I'm sure all of you have heard of the issue we have here with
foreclosures. Making the long story short, we lost everything we owned.
the business, the houses, the cars, everything. God is huge and is by
our side.
Just wanted to tell you Canadians you have beautiful people and a
beautiful country that do not discriminate anybody, and as I've seen for
myself, you seem to accept anybody willing to succeed. My dream is to
live up there with you guys,lol. I guess I rather deal with the harsh
winter then the foreclosures and uncivilized people down here."

Old 05-02-2009, 03:17 PM

lol...I love how you said "from someone of your own"...just assuming that I'm Hispanic because I didn't like the words you said. Believe me, I understand the way you feel...I won't even get into what I have dealt with in upstate NY where, in one particular city, a large number of Hispanics have moved from NYC because they have either been "sent" here after prison (or to avoid time in a juvenile facility) or have been attracted to the area because of its social services system which favors and caters to people of specific ethnic backgrounds...what a mess!

Anyway, I guess that, even given my experience, your phrase "badly hispanic" still struck the wrong cord with me. I was just thinking of the honest, hard working Hispanics I have met (believe me, they exist...even in S. Fl.).

Old 05-02-2009, 04:09 PM

So tblan, as you seem engaged in this tet a tet (which I appreciate), given such a person's strong views, would this tampa, st. pete, clearwater venture be even worth a drive up ?

Old 05-02-2009, 05:13 PM

IMO, you can't really explore and get a real feel for the entire area in just a few hours, but I think you can get a real feel for the City of Tampa in one day. The City of Tampa is more diverse than the outskirts; therefore many more Hispanics. I'd just avoid the area around USF...your wouldn't be too happy around there. I honestly don't know a whole lot about St. Pete, but understand there are a lot of beautiful areas and a lot of trailer parks...but it is Florida! (not sure how that's going to be taken by others...lol) Clearwater doesn't seem to be that great of an area to live. There's a lot of money in South Tampa/ Hyde Park...I'd recommend checking the area out...very nice, IMO. North Tampa has its nice areas, too. Before you plan your trip, just do your research on city-data, find out some stats, ask some more general, not so targeted questions on this forum, and plan your trip accordingly. If there will be children involved in your move, ask some questions relevant to that as there may be totally different areas to check out than just as a single person (of course). I really think the area is worth a visit...just don't think one day is enough to get a real feel for all you're looking for. Best of luck!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:54 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAQuestion View Post
So tblan, as you seem engaged in this tet a tet (which I appreciate), given such a person's strong views, would this tampa, st. pete, clearwater venture be even worth a drive up ?
I would personally rather that you not take the time to come up this way.

We don't need any additional bigoted people up this way.

Tampa, Clearwater, St.Pete is a great area with diverse cultures so you wouldn't like it.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Moderator cut: Closed for Moderator review. Rephrasing your preferences may produce better answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay