U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM

29 posts, read 56,602 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a reliable Property Management company in the New Tampa area?

We're living out of state and the PM we signed up with last year is hopeless...

They don't volunteer any information - a couple of months ago the usual rental payment didn't go into our account. We didn't notice for around a week and then we had to phone them to find out "the tenant hadn't paid that month and they'd contact them to find out why".

The contract we signed said the agency would do occasional internal visits but regular drive bys to assess the upkeep of the property. One year in and I'm not convinced they've done any internal visits and last week we got a letter from the HOA because of the condition of the lawn and excessive weeds.

Time to look elsewhere but we'd really like some recommendations if anyone can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 AM

1,367 posts, read 3,634,108 times
Sentinel Real Estate Corp. (I work in Property Management) and this is the best one out there so far. Camden is good, but they tag on extra fees and such which brings your rent up.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM

29 posts, read 56,602 times
Thanks mquintana

I'm specifically looking for a company that will oversee my current property in terms of renters, collecting monthly rents, arranging repairs, etc.

I've looked Sentinal up on the internet but unless I'm missing something they don't seem to do this.

Can you suggest any other companies?

Thanks

Old 05-11-2009, 11:30 AM

OH! Is that what you are looking for? If you have a house, I would suggest a realtor. Usually realtors do that-they manage properties for people.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM

31 posts, read 70,661 times
Stay away from Rental Marketing Solutions (aka as RMS) - totally incompetent, do not return phone calls to either owner or renter, horrible AWFUL people.

I have had great success though with SI Real Estate Investments Tampa FL real estate listings and homes for sale, home buying, home selling information – SI Real Estate Investments, LLC. - Homepage - Specifically, ask for Lindsey. She is awesome, amazing and goes above and beyond the call of duty. Totally on top of everything, returns calls promptly, incredible with the follow up down to the littlest detail.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 4,079,777 times
Sun Cove Realty (Google them) are really good and they don't take any c**p from renters as far as late payments etc...upkeep...Ask for Eric Green...

Old 05-15-2009, 09:05 AM

SURE they don't take crap from people! That's why when they are trying to verify rental history they can't even send over the info I need to get the verification back to them-and I actually called! Yeah, I am sure they let the person in----and FUNNY enough---that person OWES us money and is in collections. SO-is Sun Cove Realty really a good company, or are they letting in people they should NOT be approving!?

Why don't you try giving my realtor a call. I know he works with rentals, but I am not sure if they are his or not. Either way, he is very nice and would gladly help direct you in the right place. Visit his website and you can get his info from there...he's with Keller Williams, who I prefer over a few other agencies (I have used a few).
www.kenbrownlee.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Sun Cove Realty (Google them) are really good and they don't take any c**p from renters as far as late payments etc...upkeep...Ask for Eric Green...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay