U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 03:15 PM

11,501 posts, read 12,195,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In my area the situation is and was much different. People bought homes beyond their means and since they saw others buying homes and selling them so fast or taking equity out, they decided to do the same but they had no money so they went for zero down ARM mortgages...and than couldn't sell and the ARM reset faster than they could ever think it would happen...Others took equity out and started to buy fitness stuff, cosmetic surgery was done, new cars and other fancy stuff...than the market went down and their mortgages sky rocket...some of them even worked in the mortgage industry and some others were wannabee realtors who stepped in the market in 2005 and thought what others could do they could do also....well since they are all called professionals I don't feel sorry for them and I'm glad some of them had to foreclose and other bought their homes as a bargain.

So far we haven't seen any one loose their job or having a health issue and losing their home..just an area were every one wanted a piece of the pie, but had no money to buy the piece so they used "other" money which ended up in losing a house they never owned...so tell me what did they exactly loose...IMO it is mostly their credit score that plunged, the rest was hot air and other peoples money.
I agree, I do not feel sorry for anyone unless they had health issues that caused it.
I know far to many people's stories to know they were not screwed or scammed.

In fact, the house beside one of my rentals is one of them. The guy buried himself by not only maxing the equity + in the house but then got laid off and said he could not longer make his payments. When I suggested he take on a part time job to make up the different he said he would not work for anyone for 8.00 per hour. So the heck with him, if he did not want to save his home and work a few hours more a week to keep it then he deserves to lose it.

I am finding out that many people could have saved their homes if they would have went out and took on a second or third part time job. But most of them do not want to work for their home and felt it was easier to dump it on the bank then work a few little hours more a week.

The fact that many of these people not only borrowed to the hilt on their homes but then charged up their credit cards to the max and now want to blame others and the economy on their failures is ridiculous.

Most people will not take on extra jobs to make their house payment as agreed to. They deserve to lose their homes if they are not willing to go the extra mile to honor their contract to pay their bills they created. But it is everyone else's fault. Not so!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 757,768 times
^You know that you used a single anecdotal example and converted it to a plurality? Is it easy to land an $8/hr job today? I seem to remember reading about a crashing economy, skyrocketing unemployment, retail closures, corporate layoffs, etc. Perhaps the person you know lied to you and said he wouldn't work for $8/hr when he found out he couldn't even land one of those jobs...

Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
^You know that you used a single anecdotal example and converted it to a plurality? Is it easy to land an $8/hr job today? I seem to remember reading about a crashing economy, skyrocketing unemployment, retail closures, corporate layoffs, etc. Perhaps the person you know lied to you and said he wouldn't work for $8/hr when he found out he couldn't even land one of those jobs...
If someone cannot land a job for 8.00 per hour then the skill level is not there and that is why minimum wage was created. Personally I think min wage is to high as it was intended for young kids and unskilled workers.
I have owned a business with many employees and believe me it was hard to find a person worth 6.00 per hour let alone 8.00 per hour.
Some people do not understand even those 6.00 per hour people have to make you money so they can be paid.

My nephew runs a Dominos store in a very busy beach location and his Dominos sells 2,500 pizza's on a weekend, he cannot find enough drivers to even deliver them. His average driver with tips makes around 12 bucks an hour with some of them making 15 per hour with nice tips.

8.00 per hour jobs are not that hard to find if you have some skills and apply for the jobs that match your skills.

People need to be creative. Goodness, even a kid cutting lawns part time can make far more then 8.00 per hour.

We were ordering lunch at a Quizino's Subs and a guy was cleaning the windows and came up to get paid as we were ordering, the owner handled him a 5.00 dollar bill. When he left I was teasing the owner about being so cheap and said to him, how in the world can he wash all those windows for 5.00. He said he cleans on average 50 windows per day and has a scheduled route he runs daily cleaning windows. He said that is 250.00 per day washing windows. That is more then I make owning a Quizinos in a day.

If someone cannot make at least 8 bucks an hour doing something then I feel sorry for them.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
And no, he would work for 8.00 an hour, he is one of those people who feel he is worth 20.00 per hour for just showing up.

The lazy butt would not even keep his own grass cut let alone apply for a job that required some actual working.

I guess if people was making 15.00 per hour and got laid off and was making the house payments on that amount then why could they not work 2 - 8.00 an hour jobs so they can pay their bills???

When you are losing your house you should not be working 8 hours a day, you should be working 12-15 hours per day and 7 days a week so you can pay your bills. You do not need a day off if you are in that situation.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:21 AM

22,954 posts, read 33,920,125 times
First of all most of the people shouldn't have bought houses that caused them to fall behind the minute the ARM would reset...what if microwave or the tv would break down...no money for that other than put it on one of the 10 credit cards , which they never paid off other than maybe the minimum payment...than the interest would go higher on these cards and the gas prices went up...ooops what can be done to be able for their beloved car to go where ever they want....of course...don't pay the "nasty" HOA which incl. basic cable, no they will still be able to watch it, without paying the HOA...and property taxes...who cares about that, and mortgage payments...the heck with them...let's keep living the good live and the neighbors won't know that they don't pay.....oh ooops, a lien on the house....who cares, and than all of a sudden after living a year for free a letter comes that their house will be foreclosed on and all of a sudden they are the family with kids who are losing their home without them being at fault....and the sob stories come out!

Lately we even had people calling the HOA and asking if they would pay $ 1,000.- immediately if that could stop their house from being foreclosed by the HOA...and 3 months in a row the $ 1,000.- has been paid....well where is that money coming from? They really call at 1 minute to 12 and come up with the story they never saw the mail...and never expected that they would loose their home...the try to gamble till the last minute and are so stupid that by now they pay so much more...lawyers fee, interest, fines, etc...hundreds of dollars more than if they would have paid on time, but I guess that will take another couple of years before they understand that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay