U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 02:47 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,488,270 times

Advertisements

If you're worried about your trip getting rained out don't -- it's pretty unusual for it to rain continuously all day in Florida like it does up north, unless there's a tropical storm in the region.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 03:02 PM

68 posts, read 218,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debvic View Post
Are you sure you mean Siesta Key? That is in Sarasota County and more like an hour drive from Clw Bch. Honey moon Island might be fun especially if they take the ferry over to Caladesie Island. Also in nearby Tampa- Busch Gardens .

I'm guessing Sand Key.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,708,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I'm guessing Sand Key.
OOOPS! Yes, Sand Key is what I ment. Thanks!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:07 PM

8 posts, read 18,967 times
Every time I google the weather forecast for next week, it looks worse and worse as far as rain predicted. I'm beginning to worry that our beach vacation is going to get rained out. Should I still be optimistic?? Does anybody have a reliable weather site?? lol

Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,488,270 times
Is the forecast just for thunderstorms? Basically the weather people seem to predict thunderstorms every day during the summer here, but they don't always happen, and they're very localized sometimes. If it rains it will most likely be in the late afternoon for about an hour or less, and then over, and it will cool things off. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it at all. The only thing that could ruin a Florida trip is a tropical storm, and it's still too early in the year for that. It's been dry as a bone here in Orlando, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh62 View Post
Every time I google the weather forecast for next week, it looks worse and worse as far as rain predicted. I'm beginning to worry that our beach vacation is going to get rained out. Should I still be optimistic?? Does anybody have a reliable weather site?? lol

Old 05-08-2009, 04:49 PM

I have been checking the forcast too. It is NOT like up north. I am sure Canada is similar to what we had in NJ. When they say 30% chance of rain, it is an all day event. Not down here. When they say 30% chance of thunderstorms, the likelihood of all day rain is extremely unlikely. I have lived down here for 4 years. We have probably had 3 to 4 "rainy" days. If you are on the beach, start looking at the skies around 3:00.

You are worrying over NOTHING! Relax! I think you really need this vacation. You are going to have a lot of fun.

While in Clearwater, you should rent a wave runner and enjoy the water. Take a little dinner cruise, or go fishing. There are boats along the pier that will take you out and when you catch something, they will clean it for you. Ask them about which restaurant will even cook it for you. If you have little ones like around 5-8, you should check out the pirate ship tour. They play songs and have activities. You will probably see dolphins on any boat ride you take out.

Even in the summer when the chance of rain is high, it rains late in the day. Almost every day is a good day to go to the beach here in Florida.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 PM

8 posts, read 18,967 times
Thank you so much annaegel...and you are right....we really do need this vacation. It is our 25th anniversary and we have been saving all of lives to take our kids to florida..and although they now range in age from 21 to 12....better late than never! We are so looking forward to not only our first ever vacation but also to being in Florida and after much research of where to take our vacation, we choose the Clearwater area. Thank you so much....and I will not worry. You made me happy.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:13 PM

YAY! I am glad I made you happy.

The pirate ship will be too young for even your 12 year old. The only thing I would worry about is getting a sunburn, so bring lots of sunscreen! Reapply after 2 hours. The spray on kind is great, just don't use the spray on kind on the face. There is no rubbing in and gritty feeling from the sand. Maybe even go to a store that sells beach umbrellas. It is worth buying, then leaving it at the beach when your vacation is done.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM

338 posts, read 804,140 times
Default This would be fun while you are in Clearwater

[CENTER][SIZE=5]World's Largest Speedboat[/SIZE]
Located at Clearwater Municipal Marina Slip # 15
Clearwater Beach, Florida
727-447-7200

[CENTER]http://www.seascreamer.com/images/dolphin.gif (broken link) [SIZE=4]DOLPHIN SIGHTINGS GUARANTEED!
(or ride free again)
[/SIZE]

[/CENTER]
[RIGHT]http://www.seascreamer.com/images/boat.gif (broken link)[/RIGHT]
[/CENTER]

Old 05-08-2009, 07:57 PM

I brought out of town guests to that. We sat in the back where the dolphins jumped the wake of the boat. It was noisy, but well worth my guests seeing the dolphins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay