Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:20 PM

31 posts, read 101,014 times

Advertisements

I recently came across a complex in South Tampa called Casa Bella. It seems to good to be true and I'm wondering what I'm missing?

It is south of Westshore Yacht Club which I have heard good things about but I'm not in Tampa and everything I know is based off the internet or google maps.

It seemed odd to me that Casa Bella looks so pretty but has parking lots surrounding it??? I've never rented an apartment before (i've either purchased or rented sfr) so am new to the process and not sure what to look for or consider.

thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
Casa Bella is all brand new, it was originally built to be $300k condos, but when the market fell, they became rentals...and the surface lots are just the resident parking. It is located directly on the Bay, and has boat and dock access.

It is adjacent to some lower income duplexes to the south mixed in with huge waterfront homes, and upscale Apartment Homes(Camden) to the north. An open lot is directly in the front, and Port Tampa City has some nice historic homes to the south, and the homes across along Westshore Blvd are more 'blue collar' type built in the 50's.

It is about 1 mile south of Gandy Blvd off Westshore Blvd. About 20 min to downtown St. Pete and about 15 min to downtown Tampa. About 10 -15 min to Westshore Business District....tehre is a great park/beach called Picnic Island about anotehr mile south, and there is a Convenience Store and Port Tampa City branch library and Port Tampa branch post office within easy walking distance....

My handy man's wife is a housekeeper there, and raves baout how nice and new the place is...it is gated and secure.

IM not sure what else you had questions on regarding Casa Bella

Old 05-14-2009, 02:24 PM

Hi TampaGuy03!

Thanks for the comments. I guess I'm just leary in general because I don't know what I don't know. It seemed odd to me that you would have a beautiful building surrounded by a parking lot - only strange I guess because it's different than what I'm used to which would be underground parking or something like that. If that is the norm for South Tampa, cool. I just didn't know.

I've also called since my original posting and if you want a garage, you have to pay $175 a month per parking spot... Does this seem weird to anyone else?

What else should I consider about living in an apartment?

thanks,

Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Most apts do charge you extra for a garage, however that seems pretty steep to me but then I have never rented one, just had a friend who did rent one. IIRC it was around $50 a month but I could be wrong.

Most apts/condo's have parking either in the front of the buildings or a few have parking in the back.

Tampaguy always gives good advice.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM

Hello,

Yes, TampaGuy does give good info - his info a few months back helped me find a job!!!

The other thing that I'm concerned about is that the apartment I'm interested in is the largest unit (there are only 6 of this type in the whole community of about 200 (i am guestimating on the 200)) and so then I worry what my neighbors will be like.

Again, no disrepect meant to anyone that lives in an apartment - I just never have and so am curious. In a purchase situation, I've always been told not to buy the biggest house in the neighborhood and am wondering if this would apply to renting an apartment?

As for parking - I've only looked at condos at Westshore Yacht Club (parking underground) and a condo on Bay St in Hyde Park where the parking was under the building (actually 1st floor). So, it's not like I have a broad perspective

What else should I know about this complex and apartment living in general?

thanks!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
IM not sure why you wouldnt want the biggest and best, if you can afford it, go for it, they are apartment rentals. And apartment living can be what you make of it...you are either friendly and outgoing and meet and talk with your neighbors at the pool, walking around, etc...or just keep to yourself...thats all up to you.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:00 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I don't think there is anyway to know who your neighbors are going to be no matter where you live. If the apts are not 'cheap' then the chances are your neighbors are not going to be a problem. It has been a while since I lived in apt but we met lots of great ppl and are still friends with several of them.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:01 AM

awesome. thanks for the good advice!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 AM

28 posts, read 74,921 times
I like that place a lot and even though right next door is a bit shady, Port Tampa (just south) is still a very nice area. The warehouse/factory right across the street is for sale and hopefully somebody will develop that when the economy picks up. The only reason that I didn't move there is that they would not allow dogs the size of my boxer (100lbs +).

Old 05-15-2009, 09:08 AM

Hi No 44,

I'm sorry they had a wait limit - I have pets myself and feel your pain...

Since you have a dog and were considering living there - on the website it says there is a dog run/park near by - do you know where it is? Posting to dogster.com forum got me no where.

thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: