U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 05:04 AM

7 posts, read 20,844 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience or thoughts about buying property at the Saddlebrook Resort?

Our circumstances are unusual in that we reside outside of US 9 months of year, but are looking for Tampa area place we could spend summers in and possibly rent out remainder of year. Tennis nuts, so Saddlebrook appeals.

Have prices at such places come down similar to non-resort locations? Any idea how rentals are handled?

Thanks for whatever input you care to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM

25,779 posts, read 38,992,690 times
I have lived in Saddlebrook and still have friends living there who own a condo but they never rent it out since according to them they don't have the freedom of staying in their own place whenever they want to. Ella May (maybe you write the name different, but i forgot) is the woman on side who takes care of the rentals and we rented when we lived in Saddlebrook. We changed our own light bulbs but find out that we didn't need to do that, since the owner of the condo/appartment will be charged $ 25.- per light bulb change...so you can figure out how much the rest of the charges are to the owners.

The condo that we rented was very old and still has never been remodeled although many have been remodeled. The old ones are really bad and shouldn't be allowed to be rented out. We got health issues from the mold. If we knew what I know now I would have rented a place outside since there are many places close by that are way cheaper.
To be honest things have changed over the years and Saddlebrook hasn't been what it was. Many people left, just as they did at the Bollettieri (IMG academies) academy. If you aren't a member than you can't use the fitness and it use to be that towels were provided but not anymore. Even at the pool things have changed and not all for the better.

I noticed that one of the people who lived at Saddlebrook and bought their home a couple of years ago for $ 1,2 million sold it for $ 1 million and they had remodeled a lot in the last couple of years, so they lost a lot of money, but they can afford it and they had 5 kids playing tennis over there and moved to the other coast.

I don't know if you have kids who are playing tennis...and for every one the experience will be different. They have nice quiet courts and it is nice to live their. Be aware of the rich spoiled kids who are using stuff they shouldn't and you have to know that if your kids (if you have them) want to be in the regular tennis program for longer than just the summer...they have to be enrolled in their private school...this is mandatory which is much better than at Bollettieri where half the kids never in their life have been in school and when their carreer doesn't take of they are left with nothing...but they don't care,, it is about the money.

Btw i heard that ella may recently got a computer and fax so it will be easier to have the place rented...before she only had a phone. If you buy in Saddlebrook you are only allowed to rent through her and John ..., no one else is allowed to rent out the places ....just so you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or