U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:10 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,905,933 times

Advertisements

For anyone actually looking at posts in some of these threads as a basis for starting to look at places to move.

Do yourself a favor and look at the posting history of people to see if they say the same thing over and over without any sort of proof.

You will find some posters never actually give any constructive help, they only wish to bash places and most times it is unwarranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 AM

436 posts, read 963,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
For anyone actually looking at posts in some of these threads as a basis for starting to look at places to move.

Do yourself a favor and look at the posting history of people to see if they say the same thing over and over without any sort of proof.

You will find some posters never actually give any constructive help, they only wish to bash places and most times it is unwarranted.
Very good point. Please do take opinions you find on here as such. These forums have been a great resource but we should all keep in mind that we're all individuals with different opinions.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:38 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,219,488 times
Very true. There is one poster here who bashes FL on a number of forums. Same story all the time. Hopefully the factual information gets out to those who need it. When I first moved to FL back in the 80's there was no internet. It was hard to get good information for a move.

Quote:

Old 10-21-2010, 04:29 PM

13,572 posts, read 9,258,819 times
Quote:

You can do a crime search of the hoods in the west pasco and see for yourself. No reason for me to lie about it.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:16 PM

824 posts, read 2,540,082 times

This is an example of crime occurring in the area...just from the beginning of the month to current, and this is only TBO's reported crime, not a comprehensive list of crime that occurs in Pasco.
Sex offenders:
http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Hudson-Florida.html
for an updated list, check out FDLE's website.

Here's the most recent murder in Pasco- in Holiday, which is about 15 minutes south of Hudson. Pasco man arrested for brutally raping and murdering his ex-girlfriend (video) - Tampa Bay Crime | Examiner.com

And yet ANOTHER recent murder, this one in Port Richey, which is even closer to Hudson by as little as 8 minutes away. Court appearance for suspect in ‘vicious’ Pasco murder | My Trinity Florida

Some people on here truly KNOW the area they live, and are QUITE QUALIFIED to speak negative about it if the shoe fits.
Bars in Hudson? Mike, when was the last time you were in Governor's Lounge, Overtime Sports Bar, or some of the other FINE establishments in Hudson/ Port Richey?? You can actually with a STRAIGHT FACE say that Hudson has any kind of entertainment value?? Hudson Beach is OK, but it is small and unclean. The beaches in Pasco are a joke. You have to go to Pinellas in order to see what a real Florida Beach is all about.
The only entertainment in Hudson is golf. The movie theater is in Port Richey, where on any given Friday and Saturday night, every thug and juvie delinquent hangs out and causes trouble.
Is Hudson the crime capital of Florida? No, it isn't. Is it a place you can HONESTLY recommend and tell someone to move to or visit?? HECK NO! Stay in Clearwater or Largo, and you'll enjoy yourself much more. Hudson has more mobile home parks with pill-infested scum living in them than any of the other local areas. Take a drive down Denton, Bolton, or any of the other wonderful streets in the area and I DARE you to argue with me. There's still an area off Bolton where people live in makeshift homes with particle boards for walls! Check it out sometime, it's at the northwest corner of Bolton and Little...just a stone's throw from the nicer homes and golf courses. Real classy.
I challenge ANYONE to research things in this area...go ahead! Nothing in here is fabricated or contrived, or blown out of proportion. Pasco county is quick becoming a cesspool of thieves, Roxycodone abusers, and general criminals. For anyone who thinks otherwise, you are living under a rock, or you have some ulterior motive to push a positive agenda (that doesn't exist).
Ask the people who actually live and work in the area, and you will get an honest answer. Pasco isn't all that bad; Trinity and areas east are still nice. But avoid Hudson, Port Richey and New Port Richey city limits like the plague. I only venture past Ridge Rd. when I work; I don't go anywhere close to that area on my days off.
So I can't be accused of SLAMMING Pasco entirely, there are still nice areas here. But I have bucketloads of facts I can post up if you have the time that reveal the seedy underbelly of this area that so many refuse to recognize.
I love the area of Pasco south near the Pinellas/ hillsborough border, as well as the area out at wesley Chapel and some of the new up-and coming areas near I75.
But if someone talks up Hudson like it's a nice place to live, you're darn right I will speak up and offer my opinion. What are you expecting? Someone to come on here and read all these sugar-coated and "oh it's sooo wonderful here" posts, while people are getting robbed, attacked and killed miles away from where you are staying? Get real. Is this indicative of anywhere in the US these days? Of course! Is Hudson any worse than some other areas in Florida like Lakeland, etc.? No, it's probably right on par. But it's only fair to present BOTH sides of an argument for and against so people can LEARN and make up THEIR OWN MINDS. I never force anyone on here to buy into my info...I just present the facts and let people research it on their own. I am sure Spring Hillian was referring to me - cause I certainly do bash Florida a lot...but I also sing its praises when it comes to weather, beaches and outdoor activities. But I just say it like it is and I can back up my info with facts and news stories...not just statistics printed out by some egghead who lives in another county and doesn't do anything other than drive through Pasco.
*Phew!*

Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 AM

34,264 posts, read 41,311,916 times
Minniememe, when you are done with Hudson it would be interesting to get your take on the area.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You can do a crime search of the hoods in the west pasco and see for yourself. No reason for me to lie about it.
You must know yourself as a poster that, "...never actually give any constructive help, they only wish to bash places and most times it is unwarranted.", since I didn't single you out.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Some people on here truly KNOW the area they live, and are QUITE QUALIFIED to speak negative about it if the shoe fits.
Bars in Hudson? Mike, when was the last time you were in Governor's Lounge, Overtime Sports Bar, or some of the other FINE establishments in Hudson/ Port Richey?? You can actually with a STRAIGHT FACE say that Hudson has any kind of entertainment value?? Hudson Beach is OK, but it is small and unclean. The beaches in Pasco are a joke. You have to go to Pinellas in order to see what a real Florida Beach is all about. The only entertainment in Hudson is golf. The movie theater is in Port Richey, where on any given Friday and Saturday night, every thug and juvie delinquent hangs out and causes trouble.

So are you only going to put up names of dive bars? Are those the only available in the area? No.
And lets see what I said, "It is certainly not an entertainment mecca but movies, some small bars, close to the gulf for boating. No real clubs to speak of."
Stop trying to make it seem as if I said any different.
And here is a little something for you to consider. Not everyone that lives in Florida needs a beach, I like being close to the gulf but almost never go to the beach. If someone needs to live near a beach then there are other counties for that.
I guess that is why I never mentioned beaches in my post.

Is Hudson the crime capital of Florida? No, it isn't. Is it a place you can HONESTLY recommend and tell someone to move to or visit?? HECK NO! Stay in Clearwater or Largo, and you'll enjoy yourself much more. Hudson has more mobile home parks with pill-infested scum living in them than any of the other local areas. Take a drive down Denton, Bolton, or any of the other wonderful streets in the area and I DARE you to argue with me. There's still an area off Bolton where people live in makeshift homes with particle boards for walls! Check it out sometime, it's at the northwest corner of Bolton and Little...just a stone's throw from the nicer homes and golf courses. Real classy.

The funny thing is that I lived in every place you just mentioned and the place I say has the least crime was Hudson. Have you lived in Clearwater, Largo and Hudson?
Sure, NW corner of Bolton and Little, would that be the 1600 sq ft concrete block home? Are you looking at their storage shed that they built themselves and assuming they live in that instead of the block home?

I challenge ANYONE to research things in this area...go ahead! Nothing in here is fabricated or contrived, or blown out of proportion. Pasco county is quick becoming a cesspool of thieves, Roxycodone abusers, and general criminals. For anyone who thinks otherwise, you are living under a rock, or you have some ulterior motive to push a positive agenda (that doesn't exist).
Ask the people who actually live and work in the area, and you will get an honest answer. Pasco isn't all that bad; Trinity and areas east are still nice. But avoid Hudson, Port Richey and New Port Richey city limits like the plague. I only venture past Ridge Rd. when I work; I don't go anywhere close to that area on my days off.
So I can't be accused of SLAMMING Pasco entirely, there are still nice areas here. But I have bucketloads of facts I can post up if you have the time that reveal the seedy underbelly of this area that so many refuse to recognize.
I love the area of Pasco south near the Pinellas/ hillsborough border, as well as the area out at wesley Chapel and some of the new up-and coming areas near I75.
But if someone talks up Hudson like it's a nice place to live, you're darn right I will speak up and offer my opinion. What are you expecting? Someone to come on here and read all these sugar-coated and "oh it's sooo wonderful here" posts, while people are getting robbed, attacked and killed miles away from where you are staying? Get real. Is this indicative of anywhere in the US these days? Of course! Is Hudson any worse than some other areas in Florida like Lakeland, etc.? No, it's probably right on par. But it's only fair to present BOTH sides of an argument for and against so people can LEARN and make up THEIR OWN MINDS. I never force anyone on here to buy into my info...I just present the facts and let people research it on their own. I am sure Spring Hillian was referring to me - cause I certainly do bash Florida a lot...but I also sing its praises when it comes to weather, beaches and outdoor activities. But I just say it like it is and I can back up my info with facts and news stories...not just statistics printed out by some egghead who lives in another county and doesn't do anything other than drive through Pasco.
*Phew!*
I didn't bother with the rest of your post. It seems the first part of your post was blown out of proportion so unless you can show me it wasn't I won't bother with the rest of you exaggerations.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:40 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,482,430 times
Quote:
This is an example of crime occurring in the area...just from the beginning of the month to current, and this is only TBO's reported crime, not a comprehensive list of crime that occurs in Pasco.
Sex offenders:

Here's the most recent murder in Pasco- in Holiday, which is about 15 minutes south of Hudson. Pasco man arrested for brutally raping and murdering his ex-girlfriend (video) - Tampa Bay Crime | Examiner.com

And yet ANOTHER recent murder, this one in Port Richey, which is even closer to Hudson by as little as 8 minutes away. Court appearance for suspect in ‘vicious’ Pasco murder | My Trinity Florida

Bars in Hudson? Mike, when was the last time you were in Governor's Lounge, Overtime Sports Bar, or some of the other FINE establishments in Hudson/ Port Richey?? You can actually with a STRAIGHT FACE say that Hudson has any kind of entertainment value?? Hudson Beach is OK, but it is small and unclean. The beaches in Pasco are a joke. You have to go to Pinellas in order to see what a real Florida Beach is all about.
The only entertainment in Hudson is golf. The movie theater is in Port Richey, where on any given Friday and Saturday night, every thug and juvie delinquent hangs out and causes trouble.
*Phew!*
Your'e very observant. That's a pretty accurate description. It's obvious that you've spent some time around there. A couple of the golf communities are probablly ok if thats your'e thing, but overall Hudson is rather dumpy. I guess it all depends on what your'e comparing it to.

Last edited by Ken E; 10-22-2010 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-22-2010, 06:04 PM

13,572 posts, read 9,258,819 times
Quote:
Sex offenders:

*Phew!*
Well said! Glad to see someone has a clear thinking mind. As i've said before, Portrichey is full of low life drug dealers and drunks. In my hood alone most of the homes are rented out to drug dealers and red neck trash, renter after renter moves into the same house time after time and it's the same old crap. The cops are out here everyday for some reason, the homes that are not rented out are empty with 4ft high grass and can't even sell for 30k.

What in the world was i thinking when i sold my home in wonderful Danashores on Tampabay in 2004 and buying a 600k house on the gulf in Port Richey that is not even worth 200k today. Anyone that wants to do a crime check just go to the Pasco Sheriff site and check out the subdivison activity for Westport. I am in the back of Westport along three big homes on the gulf, the rest of Westport is small 2bedroom shoebox homes.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 10-22-2010 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: r
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay