Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 06:14 PM

238 posts, read 575,932 times

Advertisements

i must say the last few posts were really excellent to read...I live in NYC myslef and hope to make it down there to live within the next year or so.....though i am "on the fence" about which area i would like better...

having spent years visting my dad in Broward County including Fort Lauderdale...but have never been to Tampa Bay area.....i guess i really need to see your area...but even then it may be tough to decide which one would "fit" best.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,307,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
i must say the last few posts were really excellent to read...I live in NYC myslef and hope to make it down there to live within the next year or so.....though i am "on the fence" about which area i would like better...

having spent years visting my dad in Broward County including Fort Lauderdale...but have never been to Tampa Bay area.....i guess i really need to see your area...but even then it may be tough to decide which one would "fit" best.....

Craig,

Having grown up in NY (Long Island) and living in GA for the past couple of years, I moved to tampa a year ago and LOVE IT. I get the best of both worlds here. If you decide on the tampa area, narrowing down which area of tampa will be easy to determine based on lifestyle/income/marital status, etc.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 PM

238 posts, read 575,932 times
Nice to hear back from a "fellow Craig" (lol)

As a fellow New Yorker...thanks so much for the encouragement....though i am curious if you have also spent time in Broward/Ft Lauderdale and the like....and if as a result, you found Tampa to be the best pick....

Old 12-18-2009, 05:40 AM

171 posts, read 692,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Craig,

Having grown up in NY (Long Island) and living in GA for the past couple of years, I moved to tampa a year ago and LOVE IT. I get the best of both worlds here. If you decide on the tampa area, narrowing down which area of tampa will be easy to determine based on lifestyle/income/marital status, etc.
Nice post. Can you tell me more? I'm married and have 3 kids ages 3, 7, and 9. We are moving to Tampa at the end of next month and I've got some streets and areas in mind for when I move. I guess I need to go through this board and find out about neighborhoods for people married with children!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Let me just remind everyone.. Moderators are here to enforce the Terms of Service. You have a right to your opinion on a city/state, whether we agree or not. If you have a problem with another member's post you need to report the post or send a DM to a moderator

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions
. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha43055 View Post
Nice post. Can you tell me more? I'm married and have 3 kids ages 3, 7, and 9. We are moving to Tampa at the end of next month and I've got some streets and areas in mind for when I move. I guess I need to go through this board and find out about neighborhoods for people married with children!
The best thing to do is to start your own thread. List the area where the job is located, your budget for housing and any other pertinent information. If you have streets/areas in mind ask for opinions on those areas.

What is an acceptable commute time?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:28 AM

171 posts, read 692,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Hi Tasha. Yes, you see a lot of negative talk. Tampa itself is extremely urbanized. Don't rely on what nameless people have to say. Read the newspapers on line. Get information from people who you can give you unbiased opinions. Its the same as anywhere else in this country.
I agree. I've been looking at the newspapers in Tampa and it helps. I know that I am moving there and I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
The best thing to do is to start your own thread. List the area where the job is located, your budget for housing and any other pertinent information. If you have streets/areas in mind ask for opinions on those areas.

What is an acceptable commute time?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay