Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 04:40 PM
JH6 JH6 started this thread

1,435 posts, read 3,204,526 times

Advertisements

Anybody know what kind of car Budget Rent-a-car rents for the Full Sized class at the TPA airport?

They suggest that it will be a Ford Taurus or equivalent, but I've never seen a Taurus rented out..

Anybody been to the Budget lately?

Thanks,
Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 PM

9,504 posts, read 16,409,246 times
It will be a Camry, Chevy Malibu, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Ford Fusion. The Chevy Impala is also a full size and some airports use that more than the Malibu. Those are the usual cars Budget which actually has merged with Avis uses for full size cars. I don't think you will see a Taurus being used as a full size car, because I don't think they are currently in stock with Budget. The American car companies did not ship the usual amount of cars to the rental car companies this year. With that said, you might just see yourself in a Sonata because AvisBudget received a number of them. It is an excellent comfortable full size car, I enjoy driving it and was surprised just how nice it really is. Make sure you confirm your res before picking up your car, as there has been problems this year with to many res and not enough cars.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:42 PM

87 posts, read 332,489 times
you can link to all the rental car companies from the TPA airport website. they give you prices on the site. they also include rentals from off-site car rentals that will shuttle you somehow to and from the airport I believe.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:11 PM
JH6 JH6 started this thread

1,435 posts, read 3,204,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
It will be a Camry, Chevy Malibu, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Ford Fusion. The Chevy Impala is also a full size and some airports use that more than the Malibu. Those are the usual cars Budget which actually has merged with Avis uses for full size cars. I don't think you will see a Taurus being used as a full size car, because I don't think they are currently in stock with Budget. The American car companies did not ship the usual amount of cars to the rental car companies this year. With that said, you might just see yourself in a Sonata because AvisBudget received a number of them. It is an excellent comfortable full size car, I enjoy driving it and was surprised just how nice it really is. Make sure you confirm your res before picking up your car, as there has been problems this year with to many res and not enough cars.
Thanks for that info. I have a prepaid reservation for 5 days with budget via priceline. The rack rate was 340 or something, I paid 170..

Old 07-27-2009, 06:01 PM

9,504 posts, read 16,409,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
Thanks for that info. I have a prepaid reservation for 5 days with budget via priceline. The rack rate was 340 or something, I paid 170..
Thats a good price. The priceline type of websites are usually cheaper than booking directly thru the rental agency. There is another website called BookingBuddies.com, I believe it is. You can try that one also for car rental discounts. Also by renting from a suburban location rather than the airport directly can save you some money also. By doing that you do not pay airport taxes and concession taxes, which can really add up on a rental especially if it is like yours 5 days or a week or so.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM

626 posts, read 1,343,716 times
Last month we rented a Full size from Budget @ St Pete/Clwr airport and it was an Impala, it was actually really nice..sporty edition with sunroof, spoiler, gps, the whole shebang

Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 14,715 times
I got a Taurus from Hertz through Priceline this week. Bid $17/day and they accepted. Total with taxes and frees was $154 for five days. They talked me into a $50 bumpup to the Taurus. I really liked the car - did a 1000 mile RT trip in it without problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay