U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times

Advertisements

It took me exactly an hour from Lutz to the Mickey ears power plant between 10:40am and 11:40am............HOWEVER from there to the other side of Orlando close to the airport it took me another hour!!!!! and the distance is not the same. The area between Disney and down town and beyond is a mess and everyone drives with 35 miles per hour for some reason....don't know which one because the speed limit was between 55 and 70!!!

In my way back, which was in the middle of the rush hour in both cities, again it took me a while to get out of Orlando (mostly because of ALL the rubber necking that happens when a car is on the side of the rd), but from the Mickey ears to 75 is only took me about 45 minutes, then I hit 75 which was a parking lot........However, we normally drive this between rush hour times, so it takes us about 1 hour to get to Disney.......and sometimes less.

But to the original OP, it can take really 45 minutes to an hour (also depending where in Tampa your starting point is) because the Kissimmee exit is before the Mickey ears. We usually take 54>75>I-4....because we would get stuck if we did what Mapquest suggests which is taking Dale Mabry to Bearss then BBD and Flethcher then finally 75 to I-4!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,300,873 times
From the Plant City area, its 40-45 minutes to Buena Vista and the Disney casting Office. Downtown Orlando will take an additional 20-45 minutes depending on the tourists in the Disney area. During rush hour, assuming no accidents, Disney is 50-60 minutes. Traffic is heavy but usually it moves along at 5-10 miles an hour above the speed limit.

On the reverse trip, for some reason its about 10 minutes longer during non peak, about 35 minutes longer during peak times. Traffic during the rush hour heading back to Tampa is really heavy and you are unlikely to maintain the posted speed for very long. Not quite sure where the cars come from, but its always worse in the evening. It only takes one old car poking along at 50 and it will bring the interstate to its knees.

Nav
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay