Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:13 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

tell you what I'll do,I 'll take photos of the area and post it in the coming days....the good,the bad and the ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 09:19 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,671 times
Default I love the...

Cracker Barrel there. It's down a woodsy type road and fits much better the country feel as compared to ours which is right next to a busy interstate. No country feel about that. Then there's that great Golden Coral (spl) in tiny town, part of Brooksville near Masaryktown (spl) and Waffle House on a main but more rural road. Okay, okay, not a reason to move there but it's all so quaint and country. We do not have a Golden Coral nor a Waffle House and I love them both. The steaks at GC are to die for and one can eat as much as they like. Excellent!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
my parents live in brooksville/springhill and I LOVE IT THERE!
no traffic, no rush, nice people ...yup. Wish my job didnt require city limits.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,238 times
We love it here in Royal Highlands North. We are north of Centralia. No Brighthouse (it's south of Centralia) and the lime roads are dusty when it stays dry for so long. It is dust free for 8-10 days after a rain.

We have Dishnetwork and Network Satellite internet through Next Connect 352-596-2004 and the price is great. 10 minutes to the store is nice.

We love it here, we are lucky to see one car a week here. My daughters can be loud and they ride their bikes all over. I like not having neighbors live right on top of us.

The new stores in Brooksville are nice. The installer of Next Connect said they are building a HUGE retail center on Commercial Way by Hexam which will include a Publix. So we are excited about that. They have already started getting the entrances ready for development.

We couldn't be happier with the location we chose. I haven't found anything I don't like except for the powerlines so close. When we move, we will go further west of them but stay in Royal Highlands.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM

57 posts, read 196,774 times
What part of NC? I lived in Charlotte for about 5 years and my wife is from the Carolinas.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 7,473 times
Default Brooksville

I grew up in Dade City, FL-a very small ranch town - once, then lived in over by Cocoa Beach, before joining the Air Force. After that I lived in Providence and East Greenwich, RI. I finally got my husband, who was from Providence, RI to move down here in 2001. Now he says he will never live anywhere else. I am a realtor here in Hernando County. I have three children, and three horses. I would never have been able to have the horses up north. I think we have plenty to do here. If you like horses, you have trails, shows, and groups. Craft stores, 2 movie theaters, 1 dinner theater, small town beach, plenty of restaurants. New to our county is Panera Bread, Old Navy, Linens & Things, PetCo, Marshalls. The area of the Royal Highlands is the hotspot, no homeower association or CDD fees to pay. Homes only neighborhood, convenient to stores, schools, and expressways. Lowest millage rate in the County for Property Tax. If there is a time when you fill like shopping at a big mall, Tampa is 40 minutes away on the Suncoast Parkway. Clearwater Beach is about 1 hour away. Orlando 1 1/2 hours away. Moderator Cut

Last edited by Jammie; 07-16-2007 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: no advertising please

Old 01-16-2008, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 8,322 times
Default I like spring hill

Well, I've been living in Spring Hill for almost 2 years. I'm 34, have a family...2 young kids, work from home...moved here from Miami & we love it.
Living in Miami we dealt w/ horrendous traffic so going anywhere took us minimum 30 minutes (the drive to work daily was 35-40 min each way & we worked flex time so missed the 'real' traffic) so driving 30-40 min on the Suncoast to Tampa to hit the malls is no big deal. In Miami it took us almost 45 min to get to the beach... now if we want to go to Clearwater it's about that far too. We love having a quiet, safe place to raise our kids- the area is up & coming... we're getting new stores & restaurants constantly... We love no traffic!! We love all the friendly people here, nice neighbors, affordable housing, and there is a constant influx of people our age moving here.
I do highly recommend it. I saw someone here recommended Tarpon Springs- that is a really cute area-- but Pinellas county is one of the most over populated icounties n the state & the traffic on US 19 is horrible... (food for thought)

Old 11-06-2008, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,698 times
Default Area info needed

Are there major drug problems , excessive homeowners insurance rates , flooding and sinkholes a problem in Brooksville?
I have seen several homes on-line in "Royal Highlands" how is this area?

Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,730 times
Royal Highlands is east of US 19 which is good for insurance ratings. The area itself is rural but nice. I don't know of any sink holes there but some areas do retain some water (but not the flooding kind). I can't imagine drugs being a problem there at all. Most lots are wooded I think but be aware of the mobile home issues in the area. There may be a great house on a nice lot but junkyards on either side and/or across the street.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 PM

198 posts, read 959,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASHVILLE_STEVE View Post
Are there major drug problems , excessive homeowners insurance rates , flooding and sinkholes a problem in Brooksville?
I have seen several homes on-line in "Royal Highlands" how is this area?

I used to live in "royal highlands" back when it actually was rural. Now it has a good amount of houses in the better parts. The term royal highlands actually refers to a very large area that sits north of route 50 and east of us 19. Some of the roads are paved, but the farther north you go, most are limerock. There is no city water, as everyone has well and septic tank. Most areas up there also dont have high speed internet(road runner etc...)and some may not even have DSL available.

As for the insurance rates, that will really be determined by the construction of your house(what building codes was it made to?), and the type of coverage you get. If you opt for full sinkhole coverage, you will be paying lots of $$$. I cant really say on the drugs but you can run address checks on the sheriffs website and see who is getting busted for any street addresses. As for sinkholes, they can happen anywhere at any time. But some areas are more prone to them then others. I think Southwest Florida Water Management District home page still maintains a sinkhole database where you can research where all the sinkholes have occured.

As for how is the area, we liked it when we lived there. The lots are typically larger and you dont have an HOA or CCD breathing down your back.
On the flip side, since there is no HOA, you need to be careful where you live to avoid the neighbors who dont believe in keeping their yards nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay