U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 13,534 times

Advertisements

There is just so much negativity on the web! So please...positive people only! Thank you

Okay so my Hubby and I are moving to Clearwater (for his job) and I have never lived outside of California, so I am excited for the adventure. We are looking into apartment complexes and unfortunately must make a decision from here.

There are so many mixed reviews and often times people say "this place is overpriced for what you get, there are better places with more amenities for less expensive" but then never say where...

So far we are looking into:

Bayside Arbors
Cameron Lakes
Pay Park Luxury Apts.

I am a little annoyed because when I started looking last month, rent for a two bedroom was around $800-900 and now it seems to be higher than $1050...why the price jump in a month? Do people often move to FL in the winter?

We are in our late twenties and prefer a safe naighborhood and a complex with nice amenities. Willing to look in Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa, but must be reletively close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport.

Thanks for your help!!!

Last edited by rachellynn13; 08-21-2009 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 AM

14 posts, read 46,015 times
My husband and I just rented a condo in Clearwater 2 days ago! We're relocating from NJ next week. We are mid 30's and also wanted safe and nice amenities—we chose Audubon in the Feather Sound section of Clearwater. We went on recommendations from people who live in the area. We're very happy with our choice and can't wait to get there. Many listings....PM me if you want some links to other units for rent. Good luck!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 AM

Thank you. Yes I have heard of this place...where should I look/who should I contact since they are Condos?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 PM

We found ours on Craigslist....listed by a property manager on behalf of the owner. We also looked at a second unit that was nice as well, listed by the owner herself. If you go on Craigslist and search Tampa apts, use keyword Audubon or Feather Sound and you'll see quite a few. I even googled Audubon Feather Sound and more web sites came up with other units available by owner. Let me know if you need any further help!

When are you relocating? If you give me another 2 weeks, I can let you know firsthand how I like it there!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 PM

That would be amazing!! We are not moving until the beginning of October (driving out from California) so yes please let me know how you like it!!

Yes I checked on Craigslist and I do see some adds for places there...hopefully it will be a relatively painless process finding a place. Again thank you so much for all your help...

Old 08-21-2009, 12:48 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,850,691 times
I lived in The Columns at Allen's Creek for a couple of years and I liked it there, good neighbors, nice big pool, management and maintenence was good. It's only 2 miles to St. Pete/Clw Airport too. I was only paying around $700 back in 05. From the looks of thier website rent didn't go up too much since then.

Find Clearwater apartments and homes for rent in the GREATER TAMPA BAY area at The Columns at Allen's Creek.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM

I just sent you a message. Hope it helps!

Old 08-21-2009, 02:03 PM

156 posts, read 411,465 times
I was a 10 year resident of Clearwater and lived in the area you had mentioned.

I lived at Bayside Arbor Apartments for 2 years. I highly recommend them. The apartment complex and landscape are beautiful, located right on the water. There are a lot of trees, picnic areas, and sand volleyball courts. The most incredible part is the front office vicinity. There is a large enclosed glass entertainment room that looks over the Tampa Bay. Bayside used to hold football parties (big screen TV) there that included free alcohol (if you drink).

At Bayside, you could not ask for a more centrally located area. You can walk to the new Clearwater Mall where you will find plenty of eateries and shopping. The gym, LA Fitness, is less than a mile. It is an easy drive to St Pete/Clearwater airport. You will be located right at the two main arteries that feed Tampa and Pinellas County (Courtney Campbell (60) & US Hwy 19).

Tampa is what you make of it. You will find two types of people on this board: those that love it and those that hate it. It almost seems there is no middle. Personally, I love the Tampa Bay area, specifically Clearwater. Unfortunately, the economy forced us to look elsewhere for jobs. I am a full time graduate student at the Univ of Houston. God willing, I will be your fellow resident/neighbor in two years.

I hope this post helped! Best of luck!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:14 AM

159 posts, read 407,448 times
I have been to Clearwater many times and LOVE it! I now have an opportunity to work and move there but I also have an opportunity for Fort Myers which I really like to. The problem is even though I love Clearwater the job does not pay sign on bonuses or relocation like the one in Fort Myers which we could really use so do I take the second choice to get the extra money or go where I really want to live? Any suggestions? The other thing is I am a nurse and the job in Clearwater is not in my specialty (which I love) and the other one is. HELP!!! I am so confused and need to make a decision fast...

Old 09-22-2009, 06:43 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,775,443 times
Why not take the Ft. Myer's job since it is in your speciality and they are paying relocation. I assume you have to stay X years but once your contract is up you can consider other cities.

No matter where you go.. just look for the good things. Key West is only a couple of hours away as is Miami. You can have a lot of fun while you are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or