Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times

Advertisements

Please get back on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I agree that it is too much to allow an HOA to put a lien on a house, but all of the places we lived in In Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Orlando had that power.

However, THAT was the LAST resort...there were several letters send out to the property owner (even if they lived out of state) and other steps takes such as someone would take care of the lawn if that was the issue and then we sent out a bill, if they refused to pay we sent it to collections etc etc.....we didn't just put a lien at first offense!
In Florida, an association can't lien for unpaid fines, only for unpaid assessments.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:24 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
I'm not sure but I heard something that they can put a lien on a home if the fine has reached $ 1000.-....but I'm not sure if that was going to be changed into that or already has been in place.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:46 AM

119 posts, read 207,030 times
Default New Landscape Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Did that law passed about allowing homeowners to landscape in a way that if we get no rain nothing looks terrible? and not have that conflict and be buffer between the city water restrictions and HOA's??? cause it seemed very reasonable.......there were talks a couple of months ago......anyone know anything?
Unfortunately that law only pertains to new developments. Any rules to the contrary are automatically " grandfathered " in. I live in Beacon Woods where they have ridiculous deed restrictions. ( I can only paint my house one color,Bile Green!) We are not allowed to have less than 90% of our property sodded. They have made it known, that the new law changes nothing. We are still bound by the original deed restrictions. No xeriscaping is permitted. They also said, that lawns are common in Florida, they are therefore considered "Florida Friendly" under the law.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:20 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,466,771 times
Update...

After an entire month and half of time spent writing, emailing and calling the lawyer, HOA and PM..the property management(PM) firm(which our beloved HOA has contract with) has decided to drop the case..

Instead of sending in the $100 fine, I spent that money at Home Depot and bought some flowering plants, shrubs, bulbs etc to make my yard look more aesthetic.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
I'm so happy for you! And spending the money on landscape improvement- what a great attitude, especially after the heavy-handedness of the association. And fall is coming- less mowing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay