U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 AM

5,453 posts, read 4,042,456 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

Does anyone know of a company (other than Home Depot and Lowes) that sells french doors in Tampa?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,384,641 times
HD and Lowes really mark up the prices of those. I would go to a company that does windows and doors there are tons of them locally. Shop around, there are a lot of unreliable ones out there though, sad to say, so get references and check them.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:57 AM

799 posts, read 2,011,020 times
There's that builders close out on US-19 in Pinellas Park if you're looking for cheaper prices or there's a custom door company on Tampa Rd. ($$$) east of Oldsmar.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:50 AM

Thank you, I've noticed that HD & Lowes are a bit on the expensive side....I will check out the others and see which one has a decent price........after all it is just a door, it doesn't cook or does laundry!!!!!!!LOL

Alex

Old 08-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 880,644 times
try searching "builder supply" in the area. Places like "stock builders supply" in Plant city are the places the contractors purchase their good from. No contractor in his right mind could afford to build a house using home depot "retail" priced goods. Another option is to search online for door manufacturers. On their sites, you can find a link to local dealers.

A last option...if you are not set on a specific kind of french door, you could try the habitat for humanity restore. Restore When builders have left overs, they get donated and sold to help fund the projects. Its a great place to get inexpensive construction material etc.

Nav

Old 08-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Nav that is a great idea, It never crossed my mind to look into ones that can be restored, we can definitely do that...Thank you very much,

Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,384,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Thank you, I've noticed that HD & Lowes are a bit on the expensive side....I will check out the others and see which one has a decent price........after all it is just a door, it doesn't cook or does laundry!!!!!!!LOL

Alex
wish they did - I have lots of doors that I could give jobs to LOL

Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 880,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Nav that is a great idea, It never crossed my mind to look into ones that can be restored, we can definitely do that...Thank you very much,
Algia,
A most of their items are "new". A customer changes their mind, the dealer ships the wrong one etc...They end up there.

Nav
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay