U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 PM

151 posts, read 507,429 times

Advertisements

OK, I have been posting in the Sarasota thread since it seems like a great area but don't want to rule out any other areas. We are relocating next year but coming down in December to check things out. Although 2 full time jobs would be great we do have a source of incoming income to help supplement so not super concerned with high wages at this time, even part-time work will be good. Maybe hoping to sometime later on open our own business. But to the point, suggestions on areas that include the following: decent sized town but not over-populated (we live in an area of around 70K and don't want much more than say 100K but might be ok with larger if it is nice enough), decent schools (we looked at Savannah, GA but the schools were horrible so ruled it out right away--I don't need perfect but at least 7/10 is nice), 30-45 minutes from the beach (a nice beach that has swimmable--playable water), nothing to marshy/swampy as I am trying not to be neighbors with an over abundance of snakes , great community with a lot of things to do but yet still great for families and people in their early 30's and on the west side of Florida only. Please, PLEASE help with names of cities, towns, areas, etc so we can research and find the right place to call home.
Thank you to all that post with helpful feedback, and please if you are just complaining don't bother--I am looking for helpful people (in other threads for other states I get a lot of people whining about personal downfalls--that is not what I am looking for). :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM

1,402 posts, read 2,498,183 times
consider pinellas county but it all depends on how much you want to spend. all the beaches are within say 15/20 mins drive, a huge part of the county is closer. good schools/bad schools you have to pick your areas. There are lots of towns that run into one another, but it still feels small to me.
But then I came from a city with a pop of a million or more. friendly people - I think. Try East Lake, Seminole/Largo, Old North East St Pete, Oldsmar, Countryside, varying prices for homes and schools need looking into. I'd say a buoyant economy will return, and it was pretty good for a long time. Then there are a ton of tampa neighbourhoods, you will no doubt get comments from my hillsborough county neighbours on that one.
good luck to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or