Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:06 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakepart1 View Post
these cats make it all sound so big i mean its like a 20 minute drive from the bay to the gulf and that only because of the amount of lights(central ave like 14 to 16 lights) plus the amount of recent and constant people who cant stop moving here(that means ever expanding traffic for a never expanding roadway) and for your question, dunedin to st. pete beach thats a hell of contrast but at the same time i guess its not if you have never been here than dont take the word of someone who came to visit grandma 5 years ago and thinks that nothing is better than shoveling snow and golly gee i love that sunshine because lets face it the wages are low the price of living is high(but the price of houses has falen) bull... if you buy the insurance and property WILL get you and if you rent just hope its not from someone who thought it was a great idea to take out that equity 4 or 5 years ago when there 42,000 dollar quickly became worth 180,000 because youll be paying that mortgage hike.....try texas i here its better anyway.
Drakepart, Thank you for making us seem uneducated here

As for the OP... most of the other comments are true in regards to Island Estates, Dunedin and SP Beach. I personally would move to St Pete Beach/Pass a Grille or the South Tampa area.
Island Estates is nice but the majority of it is older people, Clearwater Beach in the evening, used to be a place for the teeny bopper/young 20's crowd to hang out but since they redeveloped it... it is no longer that. During the Summer and Spring Break Clearwater Beach can be a tourist/heavy traffic nightmare. If you lived on Island Estates... you might have trouble with traffic getting to and from your place.
Dunedin is not exactly an active/social place. They do have a few bars and restaurants that get busy on the weekends in downtown Dunedin but other then that you will almost always have to leave Dunedin to find something "fun" to do.
You may find the same traffic problems as Clearwater Beach in St Pete Beach but they have a lot more going on down there when it comes to entertainments, bars, restaurants, etc. They also generally have better priced condos/houses/apts on the beach then Clearwater.
South Tampa though not on your list of options is a place you might want to check out as well... not only is it located close to Channelside and downtown, but it also has Hyde Park which is a mecca for young professionals. Though more pricey then the other areas you suggested, South Tampa is more centrally located for commuting to other areas and has a more social community.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 05:03 AM

118 posts, read 465,384 times
[quote=frankiea68;10649413]lol...i am moving from texas...there is no water in central texas! it is just too dry for me. i must have been a fish in an earlier life!

thanks everyone. this is really helpful. any other thoughts is greatly appreciated.

frankie[/QUOT

You might like Panama City Beach, FL.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 AM

5 posts, read 15,682 times
I will be coming down in mid-October to vacation/look for an investment condo. Trying to decide between Dunedin, Indian Rocks Beach, Trasure Island, St. Pete Beach,Clearwater Beach, Madeira Beach. Thanks for all your help. Sorry if I misdirect this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay