Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,990 times

Advertisements

We just bought a 1/1 condo in Palm Harbor and would like to rent it out quickly. Ideal tenant is single or couple (no kid) with stable income and intend to sign up long-term lease. My questions are
1.Is it easy to find such ideal tenant described above in Palm Harbor area? I am asking because we are in CA and not familiar with the community very well.

2.Other than Craigslist, what is the most effective way to find a tenant in local area? Should we use newspaper?

3.How and where to find a reputable local property manager?

Thanks in advance for any of your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:34 PM

47 posts, read 144,808 times
We're actually looking for a place to rent in Tampa right now. Not sure if your property is right for us or not, feel free to send me a private message. We don't have any kids and would be fine with a 1/1 unit but I don't want you to think that my interest in your unit is the only reason I'm replying to your post!

I will tell you that while searching for a rental, the sites I've used are craigslist, rent.com, apartments.com and rental.com. I have SO many issues with these sites though...I wish there was a great website for rental listings that got rid of all the fraud listings. I spend over half my time on craigslist weeding through fake ads.

Also, just FYI - I can see why you would want a tenant with no children as they can be messy and destructive, but if you put that information in a craigslist ad someone told me that you could be fined because it's discrimination?!?? Just wanted to let ya know.

Good luck finding an excellent tenant!!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:40 AM

12 posts, read 24,925 times
and a 55+ community does not discriminate? hmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: