Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 07:49 PM

168 posts, read 423,137 times

Advertisements

I am trying to relocate to Florida and would like to have work secured. The area I move to will depend on which one I can secure employment in first (although I have thought of moving without this, which will be a last resort.) I am considering applying with a company called Total Sports Publishing in Tampa for this position:

Find Jobs - INSIDE ADVERTISING SALES / RECENT GRAD Jobs in Tampa, Florida - Total Sports Publishing

Does anyone know if this is a pyramid scheme sales company that doesn't pay it's employees. I was contacted by three of these (one in Fort Lauderdale, one in Miami, and one in West Palm) and do not want to work for something of that nature. I am just trying to get any type of employment and will worry about getting something in my field once I am in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 AM

161 posts, read 448,553 times
hey,

i think ive heard of them but have no experience with them

i would really research before you come down here. im in the publishing/marketing industry and looking for a job- i cant tell you how much scam jobs are going around in this area in that field. find out everything you can about the company first.

hope that helps.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 15,907 times
I went to an interview a few months back at TSP. They "seemed" like a legit company but I'm really not sure.

When I walked in, I saw about 20 guys sitting in one big room. As I was filling out my application, they F word was being thrown around every 5-10 seconds and some of them were talking about the last girl they slept with. Even the boss got in on it when he hung up from his call before he interviewed me. It made me so uncomfortable that I almost left when I was filling out my application. Again, do more research on this company because what they tell you sounds legit but their employees sure don't act like it.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,061,013 times
The fact that you can possibly only find the guy John Thorn on 'encylclopaedia' online (can be made up by yourself) sites, makes me suspicious. Everything written appears to be self generated.
Just show caution I would say.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:06 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,312,897 times
Never heard of the company or the guy before this.

Total Sports Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia shows a company which went under in 2002.

However, this might be your guy...

Profusion Marketing and Development LLC. (formed in 2008)
Charles C. Broadhurst Jr. CEO & pres.
3203 W Horatio St
Tampa FL 33609

Looks like he bought his (currently county valued $190,000) townhouse at the peak of the bubble for $355,000 after it had sold just 8 months earlier for $269,900. He had a lis pendens filed against his property in 2008 which he cleared in 2009 so perhaps his luck is changing. He originally owed $284,000 on what looks like a proper 30-year note. But then he borrowed against the property another $28,500 (I don't know how it possibly appraised for that), possibly to help pay that first note? So from that it looks like currently the guy is about $122,500 underwater on the negative equity of a property where he might have put $71,000 down to buy. Tough to walk away from; tough to hold onto.

So much for his real estate acumen. I have no idea as to anything else about the person than I have reported upon here and any judgment you might make therefrom as to his character or company is strictly your own opinion.

Edit: Ah, but now that I see this original post was from Sept, well, so much for my acumen in spending my time.

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 02-15-2010 at 01:14 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,971,001 times
Sounds familiar. IF it's the company I think it is, it's a door to door saleman job. Basically, they take you door to door of different businesses and try to get you to sell a basket of sports tickets.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM

420 posts, read 860,156 times
Have you checked with the Better Business Bureau?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,157 times
Total Sports Publications is located in Tampa, not Miami and is an Inside Advertising Sales position, not a pyramid scheme or door to door sales position. Total Sports Publishing is a completely different company which was located in New York and went under in 2002. You can find more information on their website Total Sports Publications - The Passion of Sports in Print
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay