Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM

39 posts, read 142,939 times

Advertisements

We have been looking in the following areas:

New Tampa, Wesley Chapel (Near 56), Bloomingdale and WestChase areas.

I work near the airport and wife works in Brandon.

We really liked the Seven Oaks neighborhood and were about to make an offer. We like that it is close to the interstate (75 and 275). We like the neighborhood, the clubhouse, pasco taxes, the elementary school and the landscaping in the neighborhood.

However, both of my sons play baseball and we are a baseball family. They are younger (smallest still in tball). But my concern is the Wesley Chapel Little League is all the way up on 54. Which I am coming from Tampa everyday. New Tampa Little League boundaries are at the county line road. Closest PONY league is Forest Hills over off Busch. I am not familiar with any other leagues in the area. But my kids are my life and I want to provide them the best I can, the neighborhood seems to be the right choice, however I would prefer an activity that they will involve a good part of their time (outside of academics) be something easily accessible.

Anyone have any comments on the neighborhoods or baseball advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 11:26 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,627 times
We moved into Tampa Palms, but wished we had moved into Seven Oaks. I know several people who either use to live their or currently live there. I have heard nothing but positive about Seven Oaks. The only thing negative is the amount of the CDD and HOA fees.

One thing to think about, Cypress Creek Mall has recently gotten approval to start construction. It has been several years of delay due to environmental impact. It is suppose to be the largest outdoor mall in Florida. Traffic is already difficult. Once that opens up, think about what traffic will be like, especially around the holidays. It isn't that far away from Seven Oaks.

I am not sure of the baseball issue. My kids were in the New Tampa softball league. I remember they played up by the Wesley Chapel Recreational Center and I thought it was very nice.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 AM

63 posts, read 287,143 times
I answered on your other thread but will tell you, your best bet would probably be Forest Hills. I forget which division it was, but they just won a huge tournament in Texas. Wellswood and Forest Hills are very competitive and have excellent teams for travel ball. If your kids are good players, I think you will want to play Pony at one of these parks.

We're at Wellswood, we have families that come from Wesley Chapel and other places in pasco. I guess its just not as competitive up there? So it depends on if that matters to you. It would be a haul to drive during Spring ball from Wesley Chapel because of the increased amount of games and practices during that time.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay