Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times

Advertisements

Direct link to the hospital:

Morton Plant Mease
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 PM

42 posts, read 149,798 times
thank you , MID .. didn't realize that the townships are not distinctly " seperate " ..do plan to come over and check the place/s out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
My take is

Any one of dunedin, palm harbor, safety harbor, countryside (of clearwater you didn't mention but fits what you are look for), and part of tarpon springs. For some reason I don't really like NPR. As far as Hospital, I actually like Morton Plant in Crearwater (about 20 to 30 minutes from these locations), which may be far for you. But mease hospital is there for countryside and Dunedin and the others.

Trail for biking (pinellas trail) is accesible from any of these places but probably you would have to drive or ride before joining the trail from any of these locations. From Dunedin, I can ride my bike all the way to honey moon island. You can do it also from Palm harbor depending on from where.

But like one of the above posters said, these are not distinct small town but connected one after the other defined by city limits but the houses that you will find close to beach will have different values depending where you are looking for. For example, people like palm harbor because of the good school which my not be your concern.

I suggest that you come down and check the ride and bike and closeness to hospital, etc. of each to make a decision.

Good luck

Old 10-21-2009, 10:34 PM

thank you , ferret111 ..

Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Yes, there is a big hospital in Safety Harbor,located in Mcmullen Road, which is one of the main ways in this area. It is a major heart health center as well.Safety Harbor is next to Dunedin and Palm Harbor.
Look for it at : Morton Plant Mease

Dunedin also has a hospital, although not as big as the one in SH.
Look for it at the same site as before.
Tarpon Springs also has a hospital: helen ellis memorial hospital
Palm Harbor does not, as far as I know, have a hospital. But it does have one in all the surrounding cities. They are very close to each other.
Driving time 10-12 minutes.

the info you have provided is immensely useful , clear , and so helpful !!.. at least now , i'm not confused ..the link you provided , above , for the various hospitals , gave me an excellent overview of the health care available ..their locations and the types of services extended ... thank you sssoooo much !!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:37 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
Thanks for giving me points by rep!!

Old 10-25-2009, 07:06 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervinder View Post
thank you annie ...

i have been trying to " find " a /the hospital in Palm Harbor , but i keep getting the following with Google , situated in ? Largo , address not of PM .. what gives ? .. is there a hospital in PH or not ? ..:
Sun Coast Hospital
(a facility of Largo Medical Center)

2025 Indian Rocks Rd
Largo, FL 33774
727-581-9474
This location is great for a 2000 sq ft home. Seminole/Largo around Indian Rocks/Oakhurst road is perfect. There are shops/beach within 2/3 minutes, walking pathways, it's extremely safe and much of it is non flood/evac. Suggest you look around here. There is even a bus hub in Indian Rocks if you want to take that occasionally. Larger stores and shops nearby too. Plenty of doctor facilities linked to Largo Med. Just recently visited the new ER at Suncoast - its very good. Just purchased a 1900 sq ft home in great location under $200K with sidewalk streets, (lots of dogwalkers) trees, ponds, parks everything you might need.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:36 PM

35 posts, read 231,582 times
I would highly recommend Dunedin. The community is lovely, Fairway Estates sounds as if it would fit your housing needs perfectly. Minutes from the walking trail, Honeymoon Island, grocery/drug stores. More importantly, Mease Hospital is top notch. I went there for an extended hospital stay twice and was so impressed with their professionalism and care.
Best of Luck with your search!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunker72 View Post
I would highly recommend Dunedin. The community is lovely, Fairway Estates sounds as if it would fit your housing needs perfectly. Minutes from the walking trail, Honeymoon Island, grocery/drug stores. More importantly, Mease Hospital is top notch. I went there for an extended hospital stay twice and was so impressed with their professionalism and care.
Best of Luck with your search!
thank you , spunker72 ...will keep it in mind ..hope you are keeping well ..

Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
This location is great for a 2000 sq ft home. Seminole/Largo around Indian Rocks/Oakhurst road is perfect. There are shops/beach within 2/3 minutes, walking pathways, it's extremely safe and much of it is non flood/evac. Suggest you look around here. There is even a bus hub in Indian Rocks if you want to take that occasionally. Larger stores and shops nearby too. Plenty of doctor facilities linked to Largo Med. Just recently visited the new ER at Suncoast - its very good. Just purchased a 1900 sq ft home in great location under $200K with sidewalk streets, (lots of dogwalkers) trees, ponds, parks everything you might need.
thank you , lavender .. will consider area recommended by you ..am also , sending you a DM .. thanks

Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,188 times
Being from your area as well (Lancaster, Bennington, Attica, Clarence) I can assure you that you won't find the same atmosphere down here like you have in Batavia. Its nowhere close... funny how you are looking to move down here and we are looking to move Back up there.

My advice would be to come down for a few weeks in August and see what you think.

The folks down here don't know what a fish fry is, or,... crocket, a town bandstand, an ice cream social, a good local parade (they are all commercial here), etc.

You will miss good food, all of the WNY'ers I meet say the same thing.

I've found that the people down here keep more to themselves and aren't as friendly. Example: In a supermarket line no one talks to anybody really. They either remain silent or are on their cell phone. In WNY folks will chat... "what are you making for supper tonight?", "did you see the Bills game", etc.

Like I mentioned above, come on down for a few weeks in July or August.

I don't mean to come off as a downer here but I'm a native WNYer and I have lived the difference... best of luck to you whatever you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay