U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:22 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,146,138 times

Advertisements

I have been asking the bank for the past month and a half if there is anything else they need. They kept telling me no...I get a call at 5:00pm last night... now keep in mind that our closing was scheduled for this morning at 9:00am...apparently the bank needs a physical signature on the approval letter, not an electronic one...so now they decide to inform me of this less than 24 hrs. before our closing... who knows if we will be closing today...or Monday...or Tuesday... I just know that this particuliar office is located in AZ-so it'll be after noon time before we hear anything...

SO-

I know there are a lot of realtors on here, does this sound right to you? My realtors have been on the phone with everyone trying to get this done...

Here's the last dilemma...

BOA claims that they do not do anything other than electronic signatures...so why is Suntrust doing this now?! Apparently this is a new policy they have...but I would rather they get the gate keeper (or whatever the positions name of the person) at Suntrust just to sign off and let it go...

I have waited 10.5 months for this process to be over...this is killing me, stress wise...I can't believe that they are pulling this now!

NEED HELP AND ADVICE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 08:44 AM

2,719 posts, read 4,404,597 times
I am sorry this is happening to you. But it looks that you went to the bank directly. It should be the task of your loan officer (LO) making sure they have everything they need and close on time and not the task of the realtors.

what do you mean "apparently the bank needs a physical signature on the approval letter"? That of the LO or what. This really doesn't sound correct to me.

Good Luck...

Old 10-30-2009, 10:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,784,209 times
This is very common....banks/lenders always do this, my husband deals with them every day...I don't know how or why they can't manage themselves and their business, but this is more than normal for them to do.........of course it shouldn't be, but my husband had a LO claim they send him all the info and my husband's office received NOTHING..........so...hang in there, I am really sorry that you have to deal with this, but unfortunately, there are too many people in the mortgage industry that don't know what they are doing and that also have not heard of time frames. Same thing happened to us twice where the lender all of the sudden decided they wanted more info......we provided the info and went our way, my husband told me it is not worth it to get stressed over it....he is right.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:06 AM

807 posts, read 2,827,666 times
I'm sorry the professionals have handled the closing this way. I experienced the same during my last home sale. Delay after delay with poor reasoning for that. I finally called the mortage co. rep. responsible for the problems and told him after 2 more days, if there wasn't a closing, he would be dealing with my attorney. Guess what?...We closed 2 days later!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Thanks guys...we got a call at 11am on the day of our closing saying to be ready at 3:30pm. We were able to close. My realtor and his team are excellent and made it happen. It was so frustrating! I couldn't believe that they over looked that!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,227,061 times
Congrats to finally close- I recall you talking about buying a short sale.

I'll be going through the process midmonth November - not taking a loan, so hopefully, won't have problems - the builder has been behind schedule by about 30 days - I visit the home daily and haven't seen the final touch-ups being done - they better have things completed by the walk through then final clearing - I've been ultra patient w/ the builder/sales of community where I'm going to live.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,581,201 times
Congrats Quintana!
We are all happy for you/
Now we'll wait for you to become a Mrs.
Enjoy your home.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:08 PM

7,136 posts, read 11,018,976 times
Congratulations on your new house!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:24 PM

3,926 posts, read 10,316,101 times
Congratulations on your closing! I'm sorry I missed your question earlier. But to answer it now, No. If your team had each been doing their job, this should not have happened. Period. The closing package should have already been completed. At 24 hours before closing, the only thing that should have occurred was a review of the Settlement Statement with lender funding the following day.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 PM

Thanks! And I was under the assumption that they had everything-but apparently the bank didn't. They really made me upset with it but I am glad we got to close the same day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Congratulations on your closing! I'm sorry I missed your question earlier. But to answer it now, No. If your team had each been doing their job, this should not have happened. Period. The closing package should have already been completed. At 24 hours before closing, the only thing that should have occurred was a review of the Settlement Statement with lender funding the following day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or