Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,526,550 times

Advertisements

TAMPA - Hillsborough County sheriff's detectives have arrested a Walmart cashier and five other people accused of using stolen credit card numbers to buy $13,000 in store gift cards this week.

Detectives say that Walmart employee Elizabeth Robaina, 21, is the common factor in the thefts. The five suspects made 22 transactions at Robaina's register on Monday and 44 on Tuesday, the sheriff's office said.

Robaina worked at the store at 8220 N. Dale Mabry Highway. She was given money from the suspects for participating in the scheme, detectives say.

The investigation started when customers complained to Walmart that they were billed for purchases they had no knowledge of, sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said.

Cashier, 5 others arrested for using stolen credit card numbers

Check you credit card statement!

Yesterday it was announced that lawyers are asking the State to destroy peoples felony records so these felons can have an easier chance for a job....what kind of job will that be....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,855,177 times
Cashiers at WalMart, Bentle.;-)

Old 11-13-2009, 04:16 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,212,739 times
Four people shot in Tampa yesterday - different incidents - I think three died.

That's what I don't like about Tampa - never did like the crime here.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 PM

807 posts, read 3,173,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

That's what I don't like about Tampa - never did like the crime here.
So where do you like the crime?

Old 11-21-2009, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,773 times
I am trying to track down the person(s) responsible for stealing my credit card information when I went to eat in Ybor. I never go out and I never use my credit card, has anyone else had this problem or issue? The made a purchase at "Miraflor Flowers" in Miami. If ayone else had this problem?

Old 11-28-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGood View Post
I am trying to track down the person(s) responsible for stealing my credit card information when I went to eat in Ybor. I never go out and I never use my credit card, has anyone else had this problem or issue? The made a purchase at "Miraflor Flowers" in Miami. If ayone else had this problem?
Yes I was also got an unauthorized charged in the same "Miraflor Flowers" in Miami, I just got my card statement today and I am mad.

Ms

Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 AM

79 posts, read 556,518 times
you need to watch when someone swipes your card.
they have been skimming debit cards & credit cards for years.
there has been lots of reports on fake ATM fronts, employees getting your card data via a small skimming device and even small camera's and devices attached to gas pumps.

you need to be aware when you use your card what is around you and when you hand your card to an employee.
cover the keypad always from above, I always tap or tug on the area to make sure it's part of the ATM.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramictec View Post
you need to watch when someone swipes your card.
they have been skimming debit cards & credit cards for years.
there has been lots of reports on fake ATM fronts, employees getting your card data via a small skimming device and even small camera's and devices attached to gas pumps.

you need to be aware when you use your card what is around you and when you hand your card to an employee.
cover the keypad always from above, I always tap or tug on the area to make sure it's part of the ATM.

What you describe is very famous in Europe...over there things like this happens daily...at ATM, very famous is it to be used at gas stations over there since mostly you have to pay inside the gas station and not at the pump. They have camera's pointing at the spot where you type your pin code so they skim your card and watch you type in your pin code so every one is advised to keep your other hand over the fingers to cover your pin code....

Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,972,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGood View Post
A friend of mine had his CCN stolen from shopping online from some guy in Turkey. Do you shop online?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:40 AM

I shop online and look for the online safe logo which tells you the website is secured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: