U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,203,256 times

Advertisements

I dont see how anyone can judge a person by what they wear or drive.
That is just ridiculous. I know a professional lady who wears suits and stockings during the week but looks like a homeless person on weekends.
Why do you equate any sembelence of wealth with drugs? My nephew drives a "high end vehicle" he got as a college graduation gift. He is going to be a civil engineer. When he is driving around town wearing jeans and a faded tee shirt you would consider him a drug dealer? Be realistic, at least once.

Tell me about your demographic research on the people moving from Miami up to Tampa. Why would I not want them living next door? Is there a report on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That is what he was talking about....you do see a lot of people driving high end cars who are by no means professional workers.

Some of these topics go over certain poster's heads.

I did a little research and found out there has been a lot people coming from the Miami area up to the Tampa Bay area. Not people you would want living next door.

Let's face it drugs our big business. When you see a kid of 22 driving a high end car, and by their demeanor it is pretty clear they're not from a wealthy family...something is up.

Something doesn't add up when they have no formal education and carry themselves in a manner that shows they didn't grow up wealthy.

Where did the money come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
If .were you frozen and just woke up and you don't recognize world anymore?

If you take anything that poster you quoted to heart, you are making a huge mistake. That poster hates Florida and everything in it.
You make good sense, but you are talking to a wall.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:53 AM

15,109 posts, read 31,000,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If you take anything that poster you quoted to heart, you are making a huge mistake. That poster hates Florida and everything in it.
You make good sense, but you are talking to a wall.
I'm in complete agreeance with that! ^^^

Old 11-25-2009, 12:16 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times
Ohh.....I am not, I just find it interesting that now some people have moved on from calling people names to attach jobs to people by the way they look!? what's next? to me it is weird because where I come from no one is calling people names such as here ("red necks", "gringo's", "yuppies" (whatever that means?), "blacks", Yankees" etc) in order to describe an area! nor that people automatically make assumptions that ohh, because someone is driving a better car that means "they must be stealing or doing drugs!", on the contrary, where I come from people don't even have car payments on these high end cars, they actually SAVED for many years in order to buy one of these expensive babies!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 PM

Where did you ever see the words "pill mill" associated with Florida?
Please advise the source of your "facts".
Please advise the location of the barbershop where apparently people are getting stoned while
sitting there getting their haircuts. Look at California. More illegal people and illegal drugs there
than any place in the U.S.A. The biggest cash crop in Kentucky was at one time marijuana.
Probably still is. Where does Florida show that it is into "a heavy drug culture". ???
I'd like to know where you get some of these ideas.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM

154 posts, read 478,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
OP was just pointing out an observation.

Algia, I never mentioned shopping malls.

I mentioned a barber shop where I did get a feeling something else was going on besides haircuts...at 10:00am on a Thursday it had several 20 somethings who had high end cars who kept stepping outside to make cell phone calls.

And they weren't getting haircuts...lol. I noticed a few would come in clench hands and leave...something seemed out of whack.

I agree money doesn't buy class, look at the Jordan Valdez family. She went to cheerleading practice the next day after her hit and run. Yes the woman was wrong to be in the road, but you still stop.

She was only sorry about getting caught.

FL is known as the "pill mill" state, to act as if there is no drug element here is to be putting on blinders.

Of course it doesn't mean everyone you see driving a high end car is a drug dealer...and they're proably are a lot of people eating macroni and cheese to drive a a fancy car.

But let's not pretend a heavy drug culture doesn't exist in FL. Someone is making money off of it.

They just broke up a huge drug ring that spanned three counties, the head guy was in his late 20s. Both he and his wife drove high end cars.

They're too stupid to even stay under the radar....lol.
So, let me make sure I understand. When I am in any shop and I want to make a phone call or when I receive a phone call, I always step out as a very simple courtesy to the other costumers. Thanks to your astute analysis, I just found out that my attitude makes me a suspicious drug dealer.

As for the drug culture in Florida, I would suggest that you do a "little bit of research" (to use your own words).
Here is a link for the most recent data on drug use compiled by the US government. Please look at the maps on the last 2 pages (pages 20-21). You will find that Florida is in the middle to the lower half for drug use compared to all other states.
http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k7state/MapAnyDU.pdf
You will also find that some of the states with the highest drug use are Maine, Montana, Alaska, Colorado... Not necessarily the states you would think of in terms of flashy cars and baggy pants, which you seem to assimilate to drug use and business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or