U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,230 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Tampa in a month for school grad school. Someone at the school recommended the citrus park area. I am not coming down for USF, and would like to stay away from the more traditional party areas... I also would like to find a place that is fully furnished, but in an apartment complex so there is a pool, gym, gate etc. Thanks for any and all help! Also, i am a female and in my mid twenties, making the move on my own... so any ideas on safer areas would be great too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,614,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe12 View Post
Hi,

I am moving to Tampa in a month for school grad school. Someone at the school recommended the citrus park area. I am not coming down for USF, and would like to stay away from the more traditional party areas... I also would like to find a place that is fully furnished, but in an apartment complex so there is a pool, gym, gate etc. Thanks for any and all help! Also, i am a female and in my mid twenties, making the move on my own... so any ideas on safer areas would be great too!
Price range? How far of a Commute to school? What type of neighborhood, Suburbs, Or City?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,230 times
I am going to be attending South University. I would like to be within an easy commute to campus (I'll have a car). I don't need to be in downtown Tampa, but I would like to be close to an area with shops, restaurants etc. I am sorry to be so vague- I am just very unfamiliar with the area, and will be moving down from Boston. Ideally I would like rent to be under $700 if possible.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe12 View Post
I am going to be attending South University. I would like to be within an easy commute to campus (I'll have a car). I don't need to be in downtown Tampa, but I would like to be close to an area with shops, restaurants etc. I am sorry to be so vague- I am just very unfamiliar with the area, and will be moving down from Boston. Ideally I would like rent to be under $700 if possible.
There are many nice complexes in the Tampa Palms, New Tampa areas, which is close distance to the University of South Florida. It is a newer area, suburbia with lots of chain restaurants/shops, etc.

Citrus Park area is also suburbia, and will give you a bit of a longer commute to USF than Tampa Palms and New Tampa areas, you could also look at Northdale, another suburban area.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,860,795 times
700 will get you a one bedroom in a decent complex. it is VERY unlikely that you will find anything furnished at that price. i really have no recommendations on furnished places at that price.

a lot of the furnished places are extremely nice to begin with, are in highly desirable areas and will cost $1200 or more a month.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,860,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
There are many nice complexes in the Tampa Palms, New Tampa areas, which is close distance to the University of South Florida. It is a newer area, suburbia with lots of chain restaurants/shops, etc.

Citrus Park area is also suburbia, and will give you a bit of a longer commute to USF than Tampa Palms and New Tampa areas, you could also look at Northdale, another suburban area.
she is going to south university. Campus is on the corner of Himes and MLK

Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
she is going to south university. Campus is on the corner of Himes and MLK
Ooops, never heard of South University. Im guessing Carrollwood area would be ideal for her, and the complexes in those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or