U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving from NJ to FL to go to school in clearwater to the national aviation academy. they have listed/suggested nearby apartment rentals on their website:
http://www.naa.edu/Aviation_Maintenance_Housing.asp (broken link)
just wondering about the area and how it is at these specific places. Im sure the prices arent exactly current, but 700ish for the 1br seems kinda low, unless thats just because im from NJ. are these nice apartments/areas? what kind of people live here? any other suggestions for around that price if that price-range still exists? just trying to get an overview of the areas.... i really have no clue about the clearwater area or where to begin to try and research it. Im 21 years old, looking for a nice place to set up at, doesnt really have to be very upscale, but dont want to live in the "hood" areas if ya know what i mean. any other suggestions for places to check out or places where college kids generally stay because of nearby colleges or somethin? the thing that i like about these apartments is that they are very close to the school if i remember correctly. anyone with some useful info feel free to post away. Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited by theskater101388; 12-14-2009 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM

4 posts, read 7,081 times
the avaiation academy is in the St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport. I live close by. It is a good area because of the proximity to all three bridges that connect across the bay to Tampa. The apartments on the web page you have are all older, but close by. I'd keep looking. There's a community called Brighton Bay not too far from the airport/school that has very nice newer apartments. And, it is right on Gandy Blvd. and 4th St. which gives you easy access to South Tampa and downtown St. Petersburg. Downtown St. Pete has come a long way since I moved down here from the NE. Alot of nice restaurants, bars, etc. South Tampa has a whole are called SoHo that is nothing but restaurants and bars. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay