Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 PM

257 posts, read 491,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebat View Post
I agree that it's absurd to think that no one travels from one side of the bay to the other on a frequent basis. Whenever I'm down visiting my dad, I constantly see license plates from the other surrounding counties driving around, that is the plates that actually have the county on them.

On the flip side, my dad and step mom, rarely leave Pinellas for anything except to use the Tampa airport. When I talk about going to spend the day in Tampa, they act like I'm going to the other side of the planet. They forget just how large and diverse the whole bay area can be.
I think what the OP was getting at was that tampa area seems kinda DEAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 PM

257 posts, read 491,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Tampaguy....if you treat and babysit our kids We will try out some of those places you're naming....going out to eat is really not only not in our budget (gas included there and back) but also not a sport for us, we have our favorites and if/when we DO get to have money and time to go out we would rather go to a place we both like a lot...maybe if we moved to Tampa before kids we would have been more inclined to try out new places...now it is a bit too late for that...

I gave Outback as an example because whatever they have there must be really popular as they always seem to be packed, we noticed this about all the chains around not just Outback....

Also remember that just because there are a lot of restaurants around that doesn't mean much as we are not the only people who have a personal preference.....some people like to restaurant hop some like to stick to their favorite, it is a matter of personal taste...I am not into Chinese, Mexican or Cuban foods....so these joints are not going to be on my list....to give you an example...others are vegeterians....and others can only eat BBQ....to all of these the large selection of restaurants is irrelevant...
LOL, I have a feeling that Tampa Guy is probably from a big city like NY Chicago or LA...I know what he is talking aobut butthe lifestyle he is speaking of is that of a larger city.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Ever hear of a "doggie bag". You can take it home and have it later, the next day or, feed it to the dog. Give it to a homeless person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
....as a matter of fact this is another reason my husband and I stopped going out to restaurants, it is because we can't ever finish a plate they stuff it with so much food! so we end up paying as if we invited 6 people for dinner when it was just him and I.....

Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Getting the post is easy. It's just another
"what I can't stand about": Florida

Tampa

The United States in General

(multiple choices allowed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Wow - I am trying to "get" your post!

Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM

134 posts, read 329,771 times
Heck I live in St Augustine and Im all the time traveling down towards that area and have made several day trips to Clearwater/St Pete

I love to take day/weekend trips all over Florida and see new places. Its become more difficult since the wife has been working Saturdays but Im working on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay