U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM

618 posts, read 713,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Where to start with all of this ignorance..

Immigrants to the US won't have it easy anyplace they move and oddly enough face nasty comments and innuendo from people like yourself...odd since this is a country built on immigrants. There are options for decent, inexpensive housing that's not in a crime-infested neighborhood. I don't live in the area, yet, but I was able to do some quick research and find apartments ( on Craigslist) for less than $400 per month in nice moderate-income neighborhoods. Eight years of President Bozo's administration rendered this country into a service-based economy. Look around, that's where the few available jobs are. The OP stated that's what they were looking for. The people with "real job skills and money" are SOL and looking to retrain for a new occupation where the jobs haven't been lost permanently or outsourced. Lastly, you're comparing Pennsylvania to Tampa in a positive light? The unemployment rate here in Philadelphia is at 12%, statewide we're at 10%. Try again.

You dont live here... so yes please shine your light on the neighborhoods that are good according to the internet.
You might actually want to listen to the Occifer's posting seeing that he is in Law Enforcement... I think he might know a heck of alot more, but then again Id love to see this lady move into one of these "great" low income neighborhoods!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 AM

12 posts, read 13,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Id love to see this lady move into one of these "great" low income neighborhoods!

Gee, thanks for your particular interest

Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 PM

2,106 posts, read 1,552,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
this is the worst place on earth for low income people.........seriously....you'd be living in crack town and your street noise would be gun shots........please don't ruin that child's life.......in any US city, not just Tampa.......
What part of Tampa are you talking about?? I know the USF area is bad, but you make it sound like an episode of Law in Order Criminal Intent. I don't care for Tampa, but it is a decent place to raise kids, I think the state of Florida is family oriented. May not be the best state if you are not able to generate good income for a living.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 3,818,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
What part of Tampa are you talking about?? I know the USF area is bad, but you make it sound like an episode of Law in Order Criminal Intent. I don't care for Tampa, but it is a decent place to raise kids, I think the state of Florida is family oriented. REALLY? May not be the best state if you are not able to generate good income for a living.
Unfortunately, you didn't get to read the whole thing as relevant posts of mine have been removed......There was a whole discussion going on here originally and what the OP was looking for doesn't exist here in a NICE suburban place....I was trying to point that out.....have you ever been on Nebraska Ave?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:36 AM

958 posts, read 1,316,828 times
I don't have anything to add to this posting except that I see you are petitioning for a visa to come here, I am assuming you are getting some good legal advice here. There can be complications if you don't follow the right paths with INS - good luck to you and you fiance.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 AM

5,453 posts, read 3,818,889 times
Lavender, let's see if your post gets removed because you mentioned INS and Visas, my post on this thread about that issue was removed!!!!!!!!!! not sure why? since it IS a requirement in order to live and work here generally when you're not born here.........but it was removed for sure. I do hope your post stays as people need to realize that aspect also..........

Old 02-12-2010, 08:33 AM

2,106 posts, read 1,552,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Unfortunately, you didn't get to read the whole thing as relevant posts of mine have been removed......There was a whole discussion going on here originally and what the OP was looking for doesn't exist here in a NICE suburban place....I was trying to point that out.....have you ever been on Nebraska Ave?
I don't frequent Nebraska Ave....Not my cup of tea. But I understand where you are coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay