U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-26-2010, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 6,181 times
Default Parents moving to Tampa. Westchase/Citrus Park ok?

My parents are in their 60's, retired, and are looking to move to Florida. They seem interested in the Westchase/Citrus Park area. They don't have a ton of money so they're looking for a bargain (<$100k) on a townhome or single family home. Is this possible? They enjoy outdoor activities (walking, nature) as well as some cultural amenities since they are Korean. Is this a good place to start looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-26-2010, 09:52 PM

2,106 posts, read 1,375,823 times
They MAY possibly find something in that range their--possibly a little higher. West Chase is nice. The Citrus Park area is relatively good as well. I am in the New Tampa area which is very nice as well. Tampa doesn't really have much culture honestly. But This is a good state for retirees.

The West chase areas have nice trails to walk so they will enjoy the scenic walks and the people that live in that area are professional/educated as well. Have they looked into the New Tampa area?? Although it may be a commute.

Unread 01-27-2010, 07:40 AM

101 posts, read 294,548 times
Westchase/Citrus Park is a wonderful area....I live here myself, and have been extremely pleased with it.

Unfortunately, your parents may have some difficulty finding a place for under $100K....Especially if they're looking to include things like HOA fees and CDD fees (these apply in Westchase, but not Citrus Park) in that figure.

The Village Centre Townhomes are new construction right behind the Citrus Park Mall, and seem to be in the "closeout" phase according to their signage---they might be able to score a bargain there since the builder is probably looking to offload. Those are right alongside the Upper Tampa Bay trail, and are also very close to countless amenities.

I also see a lot of pre-owned townhomes for sale around the Westchase area (around Montague), though as I mentioned most of those will be subject to CDD fees in addition to HOA.

Unread 01-29-2010, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 6,181 times
Default Thanks for the replies!

Thanks for the input.

I see what you're saying about the home prices. Looks like they would probably have to buy something on short sale or foreclosure.

I did not know what CDD fees were but just did a quick search. How much can these fees be (estimate)? Maybe they'd be better off looking for a single family home to avoid the extra fees.

The Upper Tampa Bay Trail sounds nice. What other amenities are you referring to?

They did mention New Tampa also, but I didn't know much about the area.

Unread 01-30-2010, 07:24 AM

13,397 posts, read 20,518,887 times
Check out Citrus Park and/or Carrollwood. There are townhomes all around. WestChase is one of the more expensive areas. Most new subdivisions have HOA fees which is a monthly payment to a board of ppl who make sure you cut your lawn, paint your home the right color and keep up the front entrance as an example of what it is.

Actually while many parts of Town N Country have some problems there are some townhomes near Citrus Park area that are considered TnC but are far enough away from the trouble areas to be safe.

We have several realtors who post on this forum, they/you might want to check with them

Post link not copyrighted material
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay