Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,076 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to the Pasco area, either Land o Lakes or Wesley Chapel area. We looked at Seven Oaks and Wilderness Lake Preserve. Could someone help us decide which area has better schools, is safer and nicer. I have 2 kids(1 in elem and 1 in Middle). Does anyone know of any other areas around there that is family oriented with good schools. I saw some info on Trinity and Lakeshore Ranch on the net but never checked them out? Can someone also please tell me the HOD and other fees associated with these areas. Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 AM

5 posts, read 15,763 times
I was thinking the same thing. We thinking about moving to those areas also within the next 1-2 yrs. Where r u moving from?? My ONLY concern is my husband finding a job, I'm an RN and would have no problem. I've done a lot of research on schools, seems that lol wins with me, but WC does'nt seem bad either. Good Luck, let us know what u find out

Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,792 times
I know someone whose daughter goes to LOL. She says it is a good school, but VERY overcrowded. I don't know if WC would be any better.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 AM

384 posts, read 2,221,544 times
We live in Odessa which is just west of Land O' Lakes and love it! My son goes to elementary school in the Trinity area (which is also a great area) and it is a great school. However they are building a new elementary school this year that will help with some of the overcrowding from his school as well as the Land O' Lakes schools. We are zoned for Land O' Lakes middle and high school. We live in Ivy Lake Estates which is very close to the Veteran's Expressway but also close to New Port Richey, Trinity, Land O' Lakes and Tampa is just down the Veteran's. It is a great neighborhood and nice location to everything. PM if you want any more info!

Old 02-10-2010, 04:30 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,792 times
Okay. I just asked my friend whose daughter is at LOL. I was mistaken about its overcrowding. She did not think it was overcrowded. She says it is an okay school, in her opinion. She felt WC is a better school and that one is a bit overcrowded.

With LOL, if you are in the IB program or into sports, it is a good school. Other than that it is okay, not great.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liflo View Post
I was thinking the same thing. We thinking about moving to those areas also within the next 1-2 yrs. Where r u moving from?? My ONLY concern is my husband finding a job, I'm an RN and would have no problem. I've done a lot of research on schools, seems that lol wins with me, but WC does'nt seem bad either. Good Luck, let us know what u find out
We are from Long Island and are in a good school district. Don't want to leave it unless we are sure we are going into another school district that is somewhat compatible. Schools are my first concern then the community we will live in. Thx

Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,631 times
wesley chapel schools treated us really well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay