Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,297,748 times

Advertisements

I mean "Normal" in the world/Earth weather patterns, meaning, this is NOT the first time El Nino occurs......(creating weird weather around the world......)
Believe me, all summer long I was hoping winter rolls around so I can walk/bike etc.......now I am freezing indoors.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 11:36 PM

12 posts, read 26,723 times
Northerner here... I am looking forward to moving to Florida in May. GET ME OUT OF THIS FROZEN PLACE! But if I get there and its freezing i am going to be really sad lol. I love Florida. I love everything about Florida and I canot wait to see the 45 degree rainy winter days next year!!!!!

P.S... It is sad that the sliding into a tree comment is a reality! I mean it honestly is a scary thing here driving on all this snow and ice 24 hours a day 7 days a week for like 4 solid months! My husband totaled my car last winter sliding sideways into a telephone pole! And I lost a friend this winter when a Semi hit him in his car

I cannot wait on every ounce of my being to move from this place, if you couldn't tell lol

Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I guess some one is trying to make Al Gore to understand that Global Warming is nothing more than B.S. and we all are punished because to many were buying that B.S.
I love Global Warming it can't come soon enough....if you know how I mean it...it is too freaky cold for me!

Get This: Warming Planet Can Mean More Snow : NPR

"So one of the consequences of a warming ocean near a coastline like the East Coast and Washington, D.C., for instance, is that you can get dumped on with more snow partly as a consequence of global warming," he says.

And Trenberth notes that you don't need very cold temperatures to get big snow. In fact, when the mercury drops too low, it may be too cold to snow.

There's something else fiddling with the weather this year — a strong El Nino. That's the weather pattern that, every few years, raises itself up out of the western Pacific Ocean and blows east to the Americas. It brings heavy rains and storms to California and the south and southeast. It also pushes high-altitude jet streams farther south, which bring colder air with them.

Trenberth also says El Nino can "lock in" weather patterns like a meteorological highway, so that storms keep coming down the same track.

True, those storms have been record breakers. But meteorologist Jeff Masters, with the Web site Weather Underground, says it's average temperatures — not snowfall — that really measure climate change.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,597,654 times
Five whole hours of sunshine today...woo hoo!!! Get ready to layer up, though, the weather folks are predicting another dip in temps tomorrow. If this doesn't stop soon, I'm going to buy some real winter clothes.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 PM

190 posts, read 492,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSue26 View Post
Northerner here... I am looking forward to moving to Florida in May. GET ME OUT OF THIS FROZEN PLACE! But if I get there and its freezing i am going to be really sad lol. I love Florida. I love everything about Florida and I canot wait to see the 45 degree rainy winter days next year!!!!!

P.S... It is sad that the sliding into a tree comment is a reality! I mean it honestly is a scary thing here driving on all this snow and ice 24 hours a day 7 days a week for like 4 solid months! My husband totaled my car last winter sliding sideways into a telephone pole! And I lost a friend this winter when a Semi hit him in his car

I cannot wait on every ounce of my being to move from this place, if you couldn't tell lol
The Winter here feels like one long Spring. Cooler weather begins in mid-October. I estimate that it will last through early March. People have said this winter has longer stretches of cooler days. In November, the weather pattern was refreshing for a couple days and then warm for the rest of the week. If you want perpetual heat, Miami has it except when freeze warnings hit national news--this translates into a brisk wind in South FL. However, the insects in Miami know that too. I considered Tampa Bay winters to be a break from the humid summers. And, the summers are not as bad as you might think. The thunderstorms are a refreshing treat--just keep an umbrella handy.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:02 AM

Yeah, good luck with that, our stores have already geared up for the summer! I tried finding something warm for my kids and all the long sleeve shirts are gone!

I can see how this year we'll jump from boots straight to the bikini...skipping half the closet! LOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
If this doesn't stop soon, I'm going to buy some real winter clothes.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,669,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choralsociety View Post
complaining about 45 degrees and raining? many parts of the country are either currently buried in frozen precip, or have days like today for the majority of their winter every single year! there are MILLIONS of Americans who would die right now to be able to feel 45 degrees on their skin, and be able to drive to the grocery store without wearing 4 layers of clothing and skidding into a tree on the snow/ice.
21 degrees here, 14 inches of snow, gray, dreary, and roads are a mess. It's our third snow day in a week because school buses can't get through this stuff. 137 sunny days per year and none of them have been in recent memory. I can't wait to move to the Tampa area full time, but for now I'm dreaming of getting there in March. I'm sorry your weather stinks, but remember it's bad in most of the U.S.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:52 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Another cold day, but I can't complain...my daughter just txt me it is 23 not incl. the wind chill, where she is...

2 More cold days and then....

Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 AM

and then what? it gets colder? LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
2 More cold days and then....

Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
This weekend is going to be very nice.....and after tomorrow it is starting to warm up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay