U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-13-2010, 08:54 PM

989 posts, read 2,102,296 times

Advertisements

Anyone here got any good leads on great smoked mullet (besides squirrels at P&B, not good) in the area? Restaurant, roadside, etc.

Or, any supermarket that carries it and I can reheat it on low in the oven with a little butter over the top.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 PM

10,406 posts, read 17,182,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Anyone here got any good leads on great smoked mullet (besides squirrels at P&B, not good) in the area? Restaurant, roadside, etc.

Or, any supermarket that carries it and I can reheat it on low in the oven with a little butter over the top.
If you have a Sweetbay near you, they usually have smoked mullet. At least the ones I have been to, do.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
If you have a Sweetbay near you, they usually have smoked mullet. At least the ones I have been to, do.
I've heard that too, the ones in Riverview and Fishawk don't. Which location/s are you referring to?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:08 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,128,804 times
Friends of mine just recommended Crab Shack on Gandy in Tampa. I think that's the closest to you. If you're willing to drive a little further, do try Skipper's Smokehouse.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I've heard that too, the ones in Riverview and Fishawk don't. Which location/s are you referring to?
Really? I have been to one in Dade City, Bradenton, and Sarasota, and I believe they all had it. Over in the seafood section. Maybe you could call some of the others in the area to see if they have it. I used to buy it all the time, but I rarely go to Sweetbay anymore.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Friends of mine just recommended Crab Shack on Gandy in Tampa. I think that's the closest to you. If you're willing to drive a little further, do try Skipper's Smokehouse.
I know Skippers, its my favorite place to go hang out, but usually order something else plus oysters (mmm). I was thinking there was somewheres near where the old Seabreeze, in that area... going to have to call the Sweetbays. Winn Dixie used to carry it too but it doesn't seem like they do anymore.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I know Skippers, its my favorite place to go hang out, but usually order something else plus oysters (mmm). I was thinking there was somewheres near where the old Seabreeze, in that area... going to have to call the Sweetbays. Winn Dixie used to carry it too but it doesn't seem like they do anymore.
If you can't find it at Sweetbay, try this (Cox Seafood):

Home

I Googled mullet Tampa, and found a post on another board that said that they bought some there (from a year ago)

I' m lucky because I'm not far from Cortez, and can get just about any kind of super-fresh seafood I want. I am going to have to go and get me some mullet soon, talking about it is making me crave some!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
If you can't find it at Sweetbay, try this (Cox Seafood):

Home

I Googled mullet Tampa, and found a post on another board that said that they bought some there (from a year ago)

I' m lucky because I'm not far from Cortez, and can get just about any kind of super-fresh seafood I want. I am going to have to go and get me some mullet soon, talking about it is making me crave some!
Thanks once again, I'll have to give them a call before I ride all the way out there. I hope it freezes well....

I know what you mean, I've been dying to get my hands on some...

Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Thats actually not a horrible ride from here now that I think about it, the Crab Shack... crosstown nearly all the way. Thanks...

Old 03-15-2010, 12:20 PM

265 posts, read 594,008 times
Theres a roadside mullet shack across the road from the Publix on Hwy 41 in Apollo Beach every weekend. I dont eat smoked mullet, but the fella seems pretty busy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay