U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,999 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college graduate and beginning in the summer I am starting my graduate program at USF. I am originally from Tampa so I know the area really well and love the South Tampa area, not the area by USF. I have narrowed my choices down to grand central, the madison at soho and seaport. I want to live close to night life but in a SAFE community! I plan to get a 2/2 with a roommate. Just wondering what the pros and cons of each of these communities are... they all seem to be in the same price range, around 1250 for a 2 bed or a little more. Please let me know what you think! thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,625,809 times
madison at soho would be my first choice, much more nightlife and restaurants, i like the hyde park/soho area best, close to bayshore blvd, and its an established neighborhood...then grand central, then seaport - channelside is up and coming, ybor is a stones throw. ive been in each and know people that live in each.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,999 times
A lot of people keep telling me Madison is the best... i know this might sound picky but i saw pics of a typical 2/2 there on craigslist and the inside looks cheap... ugly checkered kitchen floors, no granite and small looking rooms.. no hardwood flooring. the inside of seaport & grand central looks SO much nicer. Has anyone been inside the Madison & agrees/disagrees?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 PM

3,926 posts, read 10,310,810 times
I've been in all three. I agreed with tampaguy03 which is why I didn't reply. You just cannot beat the SoHo location, unless you'd rather spend more time with the granite & hardwood. Irregardless of which you choose, please make sure you have a legal and binding lease and that your landlord will provide evidence that your rent is being applied to the mortgage.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,625,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitxo2 View Post
A lot of people keep telling me Madison is the best... i know this might sound picky but i saw pics of a typical 2/2 there on craigslist and the inside looks cheap... ugly checkered kitchen floors, no granite and small looking rooms.. no hardwood flooring. the inside of seaport & grand central looks SO much nicer. Has anyone been inside the Madison & agrees/disagrees?
Ive been in Madison and they are nice, actually all of the mentioned places are nice...Grand Central as far as ameneities has the most upgraded, Madison are now condos(used to be apartments) so the owners have put in hardwoods and granite to their units.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:13 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,868,334 times
Location Location Location... Madison gets my vote.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
I have lived in grand central for over a a year and the apartments are really nice but there is nothing to do nearby (channelside gets old real fast). plus BEWARE!!!! the parking garage at grand central is outsourced and run by another company called platinum parking. they run the place like nazis! guests have to pay to park at your place ( if you try to let them out for free they will charge you $20) and you can only park in your assigned spot which is usually eight to nine levels up so you are constantly driving around in circles. Plus it is over priced compared to equivalent places. Seaport is just as nice but there are no parking hassles (people relocate from grand central to seaport to escape the parking nazis) I am currently looking at a place at madison which is not nearly as nice as my place now but cheaper and i wont be putting as many miles on my car driving in circles in a parking garage and to the fun places to eat and hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay