Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM

27,213 posts, read 43,910,956 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Largo this year and noticed through online research (mostly pics from Facebook) that every club in Pinellas that advertises as gay, are all smoked-filled, which is kind of disappointing. I'm beyond my club-going days thankfully, so I'm just looking for a place with the capacity to meet new people. Are there any bars that are non-smoking that if at least aren't gay, are gay-friendly? There seems to be a few in Tampa, but driving 20 miles to socialize doesn't seem practical. I'm not a militant non-smoker, it just wrecks my breathing capacity. Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,153 times
Not sure if this is any good, but it's been around for ages - ever since I've been here and it could be a starting point and I think it has an outdoor setting so more smoke free, or at least some air in there
Flamingo Gay Resort and Entertainment St. Petersburg Florida I live in Largo/Seminole and dont really know of anything too close by, but St Pete is a very gay friendly downtown, with lots of outdoor eating/drinking places where you will be made welcome I am sure.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 AM

27,213 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Not sure if this is any good, but it's been around for ages - ever since I've been here and it could be a starting point and I think it has an outdoor setting so more smoke free, or at least some air in there
Flamingo Gay Resort and Entertainment St. Petersburg Florida I live in Largo/Seminole and dont really know of anything too close by, but St Pete is a very gay friendly downtown, with lots of outdoor eating/drinking places where you will be made welcome I am sure.
Thanks! It's a start for sure. Are there any bars near or on the beach (outdoor) that draw a mixed crowd..?? I enjoy the more laidback vibe versus the creepy "stand around and model" type places.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,153 times
Dont know for sure, as I dont get to many beach bars, (waiting for children to abandon us LOL) but downtown st pete has an eclectic mix of places, try the Queens Head, Ceviche, Red Mesa, Frescos, all except Ceviche are dog friendly, if you have one - always an ice breaker! If you are planning to visit, they recommend you call ahead, in case.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:05 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,249 times
I would say that out of the beach bars in the area, I would recommend Jimmy B's on St Pete Beach, Mahuffer's on Indian Rocks and Shepards on Clearwater Beach. Theyve all got a different vibe and offer different things in regards to live music, atmosphere, etc but you can have a blast at all of them.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:31 PM

5 posts, read 6,921 times
Another nice outside and inside bar right on the beach is called caddy's it's on sunset beach right after treasure Island beach just keep going straight you will come to caddy's first then sunset beach which has been known as a gay beach but very friendly atmosphere. Caddy's is very cool. Picnic tables on the beach and inside, full bar in the non smoking area and music entertainment every day. Small menu very casual. Come in your bathing suit no problem. People of all ages and orientation. No fighting very busy place. My husband and I have gone there many times. Very laid back.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:51 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,089 times
Try Salty's in Gulfport, Salty's My wife and I stumbled across it one day and found out it's a gay bar after hanging out for a while lol. We had our baby with us, I went to the bathroom and when I came back she's like this is really odd, a bunch of different girls came up and asked about if I had a donor, adopted, etc. I'm like hmm, looked around a bit closer, and said you know, I think we're in a gay bar. Anyway, it's really laid back, everyone was super nice even though we were not the typical patron there, and no smoking inside. They have a massive outdoor patio where there is smoking allowed, bunch of table games, adult Jenga, etc. Inside tons of tv's, a platform that makes me think certain nights there's live music, drink prices were great. Can't say I go to gay bars every day but this seemed like a nice one. I've heard Gulfport actually has a lot of gay-owned and/or gay-friendly businesses. It's not too much of a drive from Largo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay