U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 AM
 
540 posts, read 1,202,386 times
Reputation: 867

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Seventeen Days...
That's quite a long wait for a ticket.

Did you notice the flash of the camera? Driving on E. Fowler, I see the flash all the time on the opposite target road of 56th. It's usually 3 or 4 in a row,flash, flash, flash. So I think if it ever happened to me, it wouldn't be a surprise.

In a way, it's a good idea, because red light runners cause some terrible accidents. Then I read that some study said the cameras cause a lot of rear-end collisions, because of people slamming on their brakes to try and avoid going through the red light.

I just wish people would be a lot more careful, and stay off those infernal phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
3,378 posts, read 7,877,016 times
Reputation: 2926
Hmmmmm, I better be sure to tell the DW about these cameras. I often get scolded for stopping at late yellows. lol One more thing to get used to. I am beginning to think that this Tampa thing is going to take some getting adjusted to. With that said, I am glad they had red light cameras, there really is no reason to run a red light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
 
1,015 posts, read 3,010,793 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Welcome to the European style....next will be police officers hiding behind trees with the camera's on a pole to get speeders, and then getting the surprise ticket in the mail...they can catch like 2500 at one time.

One town had so many tickets over the last years and the people started to realize that it was costing so much that now most of them are keeping to the speed limit so the police department/city isn't getting much revenue anymore so they adjusted the speed limit againt to catch more people...
Whatever you say... not sure where you're going with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
 
1,015 posts, read 3,010,793 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
That's quite a long wait for a ticket.

Did you notice the flash of the camera? Driving on E. Fowler, I see the flash all the time on the opposite target road of 56th. It's usually 3 or 4 in a row,flash, flash, flash. So I think if it ever happened to me, it wouldn't be a surprise.

In a way, it's a good idea, because red light runners cause some terrible accidents. Then I read that some study said the cameras cause a lot of rear-end collisions, because of people slamming on their brakes to try and avoid going through the red light.

I just wish people would be a lot more careful, and stay off those infernal phones.
Not really if you have no idea in the world that it'll show up in your mailbox, lol

No flash of the camera, it is behind you and to your right if you are heading N on Bell Shoals approaching Bloomindale. You don't see it... although, I will be cruising by there to take a look see as to where it is.

Never on the phone in the car... 99% of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 AM
 
515 posts, read 1,045,518 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
With that said, I am glad they had red light cameras, there really is no reason to run a red light.
Except for the yellow being too short - frequently less than DOT guidelines.
Georgia: Red Light Cameras Struggle in Face of Longer Yellow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 AM
 
Location: East Tennessee
3,926 posts, read 10,299,216 times
Reputation: 5212
There are two camera light locations I see regularly in Tampa. One is at Waters/Dale Mabry; the other at Bruce B Downs/Fletcher. The pictures must make it impossible to dispute the tickets. A friend of mine in Knoxville got a camera ticket. He said there was an internet link included to the video. Is that the way it works here or did you get pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 08:56 AM
 
1,015 posts, read 3,010,793 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
There are two camera light locations I see regularly in Tampa. One is at Waters/Dale Mabry; the other at Bruce B Downs/Fletcher. The pictures must make it impossible to dispute the tickets. A friend of mine in Knoxville got a camera ticket. He said there was an internet link included to the video. Is that the way it works here or did you get pictures?
The ticket comes with 3 photo's. One is a closeup of your tag. Two is the vehicle at the white line showing the light red. Three is the vehicle proceding through the red light.

The ticket gives you an online link where you can watch the video.

Its true, there is no disputing the ticket. Clear as day that I ran it...

I rode by there this morning after a quick shopping trip to walmart, there is a sign that says "camera enforced intersection". I never noticed it because its near a tree (not obscured however).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Tampa
1,317 posts, read 1,863,973 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Welcome to the European style...

Not sure what that means... Did you know that many countries in Europe fine you based on your annual income?

...If there is still any question as to whether the ticket hits your insurance or not... It does not. Come on people... If I blow a light in a friends borrowed car, his insurance goes up? How could they EVER determine who was driving? It is a fine- to the registered owner of the vehicle, just like parking.

The common sense monster should have come in this thread instantly to smush that idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Tampa
2,602 posts, read 7,189,100 times
Reputation: 1535
All of these locations are outside of Tampa proper, for what it's worth. I have heard that there is/will be one at Dale Mabry and Gandy. I know St. Pete is considering installing them as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,141,486 times
Reputation: 14611
I see so many cars going through red lights, its ridiculous. I hope they get more cameras before I'm killed by one of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top