U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
 
5,453 posts, read 7,752,283 times
Reputation: 2141

Advertisements

If you've kept your windows open, chances are you've got quite a quantity of pollen.

We've been sick for the last 6 weeks, all the kids, with ear infections, just like you, it happens every year...generally if you have kids in school, chances are you too have parents in that class who don't see fit to keep kids home when sick...therefore...you get sick!

We also get speed seasons here so, spring comes early and because we have millions of plants blooming you get a lot of allergies. This is one reason I can't wait to move up north for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Tampa
1,317 posts, read 1,860,497 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
If you've kept your windows open, chances are you've got quite a quantity of pollen.

We've been sick for the last 6 weeks, all the kids, with ear infections, just like you, it happens every year...generally if you have kids in school, chances are you too have parents in that class who don't see fit to keep kids home when sick...therefore...you get sick!

We also get speed seasons here so, spring comes early and because we have millions of plants blooming you get a lot of allergies. This is one reason I can't wait to move up north for.
I hear ya, nobody ever gets sick up north! Flu season and the cold skip the north. THEY HAVE A FRIGGING SICKNESS NAMED AFTER THEIR CLIMATE, and it is COMMON!

Guess what... If you have alergies, that is not the state of Floridas problem, that is your problem. I am never sick... and guess what? You think the 3-4 days of pollen in Tampa is bad, try a month of it in the spring in NY. it is brutal if you have alergies. Tampa is a walk in the park compared to NY with pollen.

If you start posting things that dont directly blame Tampa and Florida for every single thing in your life that isnt going right, you might gain an ounce of credibility. Until then, you look like someone who just cant take responsibility for some of the things that arent going right in your life. If you have alergies, take some allegra or claritin. If you dont like medicine, than shut up and deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,127,652 times
Reputation: 16530
It was mold! There was a leak in the roof that showed itself shortly after this post. Eventually we found mold growing even on the interior walls. We were very very sick for a long time.

Needless to say, we no longer live there and are enjoying being healthier.

Something to check into, anyway. The house we were in before was nice looking, in a nice neighborhood. You'd never know just by looking. Is there a chance there is a leak somewhere you don't know about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Tampa
1,317 posts, read 1,860,497 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
It was mold! There was a leak in the roof that showed itself shortly after this post. Eventually we found mold growing even on the interior walls. We were very very sick for a long time.

Needless to say, we no longer live there and are enjoying being healthier.

Something to check into, anyway. The house we were in before was nice looking, in a nice neighborhood. You'd never know just by looking. Is there a chance there is a leak somewhere you don't know about?
Moderator cut: snip

But glad to hear you and your family are doing better!

Last edited by Keeper; 03-15-2011 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: keep it about the topic please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Tampa
2,602 posts, read 7,180,363 times
Reputation: 1535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
It was mold! There was a leak in the roof that showed itself shortly after this post. Eventually we found mold growing even on the interior walls. We were very very sick for a long time.

Needless to say, we no longer live there and are enjoying being healthier.

Something to check into, anyway. The house we were in before was nice looking, in a nice neighborhood. You'd never know just by looking. Is there a chance there is a leak somewhere you don't know about?
Glad to hear that you found the problem and now are feeling better. Mold can be a real health hazard if you're constantly exposed to it, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
3,378 posts, read 7,865,803 times
Reputation: 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
It was mold! There was a leak in the roof that showed itself shortly after this post. Eventually we found mold growing even on the interior walls. We were very very sick for a long time.

Needless to say, we no longer live there and are enjoying being healthier.

Something to check into, anyway. The house we were in before was nice looking, in a nice neighborhood. You'd never know just by looking. Is there a chance there is a leak somewhere you don't know about?

This type of thing could only happen in Florida!!!! You never hear about mold in places that are up NORTH, EVER! It's because of the high humidity that sucks the life out of you here that caused it!

If only Florida would have better landlord laws this type of thing would never happen!! Unlike DC, Florida lets landlords do whatever they want, when they want without any accountability! I see this in every single neighborhood in Florida, including my gated community!! I bet these landlords are the same one's who make me mad at stop signs!!!!!

In Europe and DC, landlords are held to a higher level and actually respect people. Next thing you know, the landlords in Florida are going to start charging as much as they can for rent to payback their investments!! JUST RIDICULOUS! ONLY IN FLORIDA DO PEOPLE WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT!! Greedy Americans!!!

lol... sorry couldn't help myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
 
2,708 posts, read 4,383,797 times
Reputation: 2302
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridakash View Post
this type of thing could only happen in florida!!!! You never hear about mold in places that are up north, ever! It's because of the high humidity that sucks the life out of you here that caused it!

If only florida would have better landlord laws this type of thing would never happen!! Unlike dc, florida lets landlords do whatever they want, when they want without any accountability! I see this in every single neighborhood in florida, including my gated community!! I bet these landlords are the same one's who make me mad at stop signs!!!!!

In europe and dc, landlords are held to a higher level and actually respect people. Next thing you know, the landlords in florida are going to start charging as much as they can for rent to payback their investments!! Just ridiculous! Only in florida do people want a return on their investment!! Greedy americans!!!

Lol... Sorry couldn't help myself.
That was funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 PM
 
707 posts, read 1,290,838 times
Reputation: 361
Tampa is number 2 for the most sick place in america..


America's 20 Sickest Cities, From Miami to New York - The Daily Beast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,127,652 times
Reputation: 16530
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
This type of thing could only happen in Florida!!!! You never hear about mold in places that are up NORTH, EVER! It's because of the high humidity that sucks the life out of you here that caused it!

If only Florida would have better landlord laws this type of thing would never happen!! Unlike DC, Florida lets landlords do whatever they want, when they want without any accountability! I see this in every single neighborhood in Florida, including my gated community!! I bet these landlords are the same one's who make me mad at stop signs!!!!!

In Europe and DC, landlords are held to a higher level and actually respect people. Next thing you know, the landlords in Florida are going to start charging as much as they can for rent to payback their investments!! JUST RIDICULOUS! ONLY IN FLORIDA DO PEOPLE WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT!! Greedy Americans!!!

lol... sorry couldn't help myself.
OMG, ROFL, help... can't breathe..... LOL LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,127,652 times
Reputation: 16530
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Moderator cut: snip .

But glad to hear you and your family are doing better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Glad to hear that you found the problem and now are feeling better. Mold can be a real health hazard if you're constantly exposed to it, right?

Thank you!

Yes, mold can be a big problem, especially certain types. I suspect what they call black mold was in that house, since all of us had symptoms for so long. With other types, it will only be people who are sensitive to mold who are bothered. I do happen to be allergic to mold, so it probably hit me harder than it might have someone else.

We are just coming out of our first round of illness after moving, which is a nice change from ALWAYS being sick!

Really, it would have been an easy fix if the landlord had just fixed the leak and cleaned up right away. Now, I see the house is still sitting empty and they've got to be looking at many thousands of dollars to fix it by now, if it isn't a total loss.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-15-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top