Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,881,749 times

Advertisements

In General I read allot of the Tampa vs Orlando threads and the consensus seems that Orlando has the better nightlife and music scene?

is this true ? does anyone feel the opposite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,728,292 times
I would agree (music scene wise). I dont do club life, but I do enjoy my music, most of the stuff I like goes to Orlando, not Tampa.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:25 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,293,088 times
Orlando and Tampa both have horrible music scenes. Living in tampa I have discovered a few great musicians/bands that I will go out of my way to see, but 98% of the music in Tampa and orlando is garbage, as it is in most cities. This isnt LA, NY, CHI, DET, AUSTIN, or SEATTLE. You really have to dig to find the good music in either place, but Orlando seems to have more gimmicky music, like 80s cover bands that dress up like its the 80s, etc. I have seen more genuine musicians in Tampa, but again- few and far between.

The nightlife, in my opinion, is better in tampa. It offers a little bit of everything and there are a ton of singles, and a lot of great places to hang out- mostly in south tampa. I have only been to orlando a few times, and it wasnt bad at all, I just prefer tampa. I think it offers more.

i will say this about the nightlife comparison. SUMMERTIME nightlife is better in Orlando, because a lot of Tampa people spend their Saturdays at the beaches, essentially wiping them out and keeping them in on saturday night. It doesnt kill nightlife, but it is more laid back than it is in the winter.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:35 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,881,749 times
good advice thanks guys

Old 07-15-2021, 03:11 AM

323 posts, read 250,523 times
I'm gonna revive this old thread now that decade has gone by, and I'll say that Tampa Bay is better than Orlando. First of all -- Downtown St. Petersburg -- the best downtown of any large Florida city. -- Tons of bars, lounges, clubs, breweries..etc.. The crowd is less rowdy and more classy than Orlando. Next reason: last call is 3am in Tampa Bay vs 2am in Orlando. I realize that's only an hour, but it makes a difference. Next: There are several downtowns with great nightlife, not only St. Petersburg. There's also Ybor City, which although a little rowdy, is a blast. Downtown Tampa (although still a big sleepy) has made big strides and there is a bit of nightlife there. Then you have all the beach communities, from Pass-a-Grille to Clearwater, roughly 30 miles...and that's something that Orlando has no answer for. Each of these beach communities has great bars, clubs, lounges and restaurants; from Madeira Beach to St. Pete, Treasure Island and Clearwater, and everything in between. There's also little outlying areas that have good nightlife, notably Dunedin, which is a great little coastal community a little north of Clearwater.
I realize that Orlando has great outlying communities as well... but overall I'd say Tampa Bay edges out Orlando in the nightlife department.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:10 PM

17,454 posts, read 38,833,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBetrus View Post
I'm gonna revive this old thread now that decade has gone by, and I'll say that Tampa Bay is better than Orlando. First of all -- Downtown St. Petersburg -- the best downtown of any large Florida city. -- Tons of bars, lounges, clubs, breweries..etc.. The crowd is less rowdy and more classy than Orlando. Next reason: last call is 3am in Tampa Bay vs 2am in Orlando. I realize that's only an hour, but it makes a difference. Next: There are several downtowns with great nightlife, not only St. Petersburg. There's also Ybor City, which although a little rowdy, is a blast. Downtown Tampa (although still a big sleepy) has made big strides and there is a bit of nightlife there. Then you have all the beach communities, from Pass-a-Grille to Clearwater, roughly 30 miles...and that's something that Orlando has no answer for. Each of these beach communities has great bars, clubs, lounges and restaurants; from Madeira Beach to St. Pete, Treasure Island and Clearwater, and everything in between. There's also little outlying areas that have good nightlife, notably Dunedin, which is a great little coastal community a little north of Clearwater.
I realize that Orlando has great outlying communities as well... but overall I'd say Tampa Bay edges out Orlando in the nightlife department.
Good post - and if you throw in Bradenton/Sarasota it increases even more. It boggles my mind actually how many tiki bars, beach bars, grills etc. all over these towns have live music. I have hundreds of musician friends and they are always performing.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:00 PM

Hey, you're the nut-job that was crying about Tampa on the other thread...

I see you're stroking out again over here...LOOL
I also see that reading comprehension is an issue, as this thread was comparing Tampa Bay to Orlando, not Miami.

And then you only singled out Pass-a-Grille and DT Tampa, when I mentioned so much more...

Tampa Bay is really up in your emotions; what happened to you there sweetheart? -- Where you cheated on by your wife? Lose your job? Betrayed by a friend?

Whatever happened it really messed you up; any mention of Tampa and your crying all over the place........LOOOL

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-15-2021 at 06:03 PM..

Old 07-15-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Good post - and if you throw in Bradenton/Sarasota it increases even more. It boggles my mind actually how many tiki bars, beach bars, grills etc. all over these towns have live music. I have hundreds of musician friends and they are always performing.
Absolutely!

Old 07-15-2021, 09:42 PM

169 posts, read 124,457 times
I’ll take Orlando. It has something for everyone. Even matched up against 3 major cities (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater), Orlando on its own has better nightlife. Sure it doesn’t have anything like St. Pete, but Tampa/St. Pete have nothing that comes close to CityWalk or Disney Springs.

If you want rowdy, fun and boisterous, Orange Ave in downtown.

If you want classy but casual, Thornton Park in downtown.

If you want dressy and Latin, International Drive.

If you want upscale and dressy, Park Ave.

If you want destination nightlife, CityWalk and Disney Springs.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:43 AM

112 posts, read 63,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingArm3750 View Post
I’ll take Orlando. It has something for everyone. Even matched up against 3 major cities (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater), Orlando on its own has better nightlife. Sure it doesn’t have anything like St. Pete, but Tampa/St. Pete have nothing that comes close to CityWalk or Disney Springs.

If you want rowdy, fun and boisterous, Orange Ave in downtown.

If you want classy but casual, Thornton Park in downtown.

If you want dressy and Latin, International Drive.

If you want upscale and dressy, Park Ave.

If you want destination nightlife, CityWalk and Disney Springs.

but some people want to party in Pass a Grille lololol!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay